TECH Official Shut Up and Take My Money Apple Thread - No RCS Here

5SpeedSER

Jun 18, 2003
South Florida
Loving the 14pm in day to day usage. Not sure about the always on screen. Doesnt really do anything for me positively, and basically make the battery life identical to my 12pm that was at 87% capacity. So…. Maybe give it another day or two and that is getting shut off.

I will say - im not seeing anything major with the camera. 12pm was solid, so is this… and ive taken some great photos. Just not blown away. Maybe ill prove my self wrong. Not really a complaint or anything, just my reaction so far

Reactions: Chuck Finley

SBrooks1

@ComicConScott
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
I’m digging the always on screen. In my car the CD slot MagSafe charger covers up my dashboard clock. So the always on screen gives me a clock now and good charging since 99% of the screen is off. Plus on my nightstand I can just glance over and see the time now too without it lighting up the room.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

C.W.

OT Supporter
Jun 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Loving the 14pm in day to day usage. Not sure about the always on screen. Doesnt really do anything for me positively, and basically make the battery life identical to my 12pm that was at 87% capacity. So…. Maybe give it another day or two and that is getting shut off.

I will say - im not seeing anything major with the camera. 12pm was solid, so is this… and ive taken some great photos. Just not blown away. Maybe ill prove my self wrong. Not really a complaint or anything, just my reaction so far
If you aren’t shooting in raw and or low light you probably won’t see a big difference. In ideal conditions even an ok camera is going to look good. The main benefit for the 48mp is going to be low light and or raw pics for more information.

phat🐄

#meltdowns are NOT based off post count
Oct 9, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
I’m digging the always on screen. In my car the CD slot MagSafe charger covers up my dashboard clock. So the always on screen gives me a clock now and good charging since 99% of the screen is off. Plus on my nightstand I can just glance over and see the time now too without it lighting up the room.
CD SLOT? HOW OLD IS YOUR CAR?

Creator

The Creator Has a Master Plan
Sep 27, 2001
Here
That may look good on a tiny screen but it looks pretty bad on a full sized display. Maybe my samsung camera doesn't suck as bad as I think it does... maybe all phone cameras just look bad to me since I've gotten used to using real cameras :o

You can kinda see where the software was trying to salvage things

View attachment 260938

There is that bit out of focus on the tip. Although at macro on a real camera you could blur that out too :dunno:

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
2009 Honda Pilot Touring. Got it free in my divorce. :nod:
Teach me how to be so awful as a husband that my wife decides to pay me and give me everything to fuck off

Also, if you haven't already I suggest you consider a VCM defeat device like this for your 3.5l ticking time bomb. I've installed 3 now (1 preemptively, 2 after issues showed up, one of those 2 needed a full engine rebuild because it was too late)

SBrooks1

@ComicConScott
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
Teach me how to be so awful as a husband that my wife decides to pay me and give me everything to fuck off
First off, she didn't have a choice in paying me. It was my decision to move out, file and tell HER to fuck off. SHE was an awful wife and it was my choice to end it. She's a pharmacist and we were married for almost 10 years. Do the math.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
First off, she didn't have a choice in paying me. It was my decision to move out, file and tell HER to fuck off. SHE was an awful wife and it was my choice to end it. She's a pharmacist and we were married for almost 10 years. Do the math.
Oh so she was the breadwinner and you stayed just long enough to be entitled to standard of life compensation

Slay my red pilled king

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamedali2022