IT2

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2009

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
Really dislike the onboard battery for controllers. And I've been pretty unimpressed with the battery life vs what I get with rechargeables in my xbox controller.
The only issue I have is the springs breaking in the trigger, had to replace in my original controller and I think it just broke again last night.

Hopefully they put stronger springs in the newer controllers.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
Getting some drift in my original controller with the system, probably going to send it in

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
Nope but I wasn't a huge fan of the cosmic red, tbh.
They had it at Walmart for $64 the other day which was 10 less than anywhere, when I went back to get it I realized it was hanging where a ps4 controller was supposed to be:hs:

Fuck it

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Really dislike the onboard battery for controllers. And I've been pretty unimpressed with the battery life vs what I get with rechargeables in my xbox controller.

All those fancy haptics and resistive triggers and whatnot definitely have an impact on battery life.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Yeah, I turn all that off and actively try to 'extreme battery saver mode' my PS Controllers in every aspect.

Still abysmal.

Those features are a big part of the "PS5 experience". I just have several controllers that I can rotate between as they need charging. :mamoru:

Having said that, I really haven't run into a situation where a controller that was fully charged didn't make it through a full play session. :dunno:

Reactions: Carne Seca

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Those features are a big part of the "PS5 experience". I just have several controllers that I can rotate between as they need charging. :mamoru:

Having said that, I really haven't run into a situation where a controller that was fully charged didn't make it through a full play session. :dunno:

Well I mean of course it lasts more than "a play session". And other than asto's playroom I have been unimpressed with any haptic feature I've come across. Maybe later in the PS5 life cycle they'll implement it in a way that entices me.

But I still felt sort of "forced" to buy a 2nd controller I otherwise wouldn't need because I cant just swap out battery, not to mention degradation over the life of the controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec