GAME TECH Official Sony PlayStation 5 - PS5 Thread

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Played the ice one a bit, pretty cool

Below Zero was a good bit more refined and had a couple nice QOL improvements, but the original was a better overall survival/exploration game, imho.

To be fair though, my experience with Below Zero was marred somewhat by the fact that when I first played it on PS5, it had some SERIOUS stability issues, that seemed to get progressively worse the further I got into the game. Hopefully that's all been patched up by now.

Reactions: Weapon X

IT2

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2009
Got one off amazon earlier this week and it arrived today. Started playing deathloop but I can see this thing collecting dust really soon.

Reactions: GRattu

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
How necessary is an additional 1 TB SSD? I may have a couple of games at a time installed, my daughter will have one or two, and my son will have many.

SlowNegative

Her name is Rio
Dec 31, 2000
Atlanta
How necessary is an additional 1 TB SSD? I may have a couple of games at a time installed, my daughter will have one or two, and my son will have many.

If I didn't have 1gb up/down, I would consider it. I just delete what we aren't actively playing. I can have it back in less than 15 min.

Reactions: Jumpem

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
If I didn't have 1gb up/down, I would consider it. I just delete what we aren't actively playing. I can have it back in less than 15 min.
I have 75/75 now with FiOS. It is more than enough to stream on several devices at once, which is all I really care about.

I know my son has space issues on his PS4 Pro, but he seems to just delete enough to make room for what he wants to install. If multiple people are going to use the PS5, I may have to ask him to uninstall games he finished or lost interest in. I got PS+ for him, so he shouldn't lose anything.

Reactions: Genius/GZA

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
I have 75/75 now with FiOS. It is more than enough to stream on several devices at once, which is all I really care about.

I know my son has space issues on his PS4 Pro, but he seems to just delete enough to make room for what he wants to install. If multiple people are going to use the PS5, I may have to ask him to uninstall games he finished or lost interest in. I got PS+ for him, so he shouldn't lose anything.
Just get a cheap external.. you can swap them back and forth faster than downloading again.

I have one on my main ps4p and never have space issues.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England

It's not "necessary", though with several different people who might be having a bunch of different games all on there at the same time, it might be worth it.

Amazon has pretty good Cyber Monday deals right now on the Samsung 980 Pro (both the 1TB and 2TB), which is the drive I got to put in my PS5. So might be a good time to grab one (just be aware you'd need to get a separate heatsink to put on that drive).

Edit: actually that listing also has the option for the version that comes with a heatsink, but the 2TB version with it isn't on sale, and the extra $30 they want for the 1TB with heatsink is a little steep considering you can probably get a 3rd party heatsink for like $10-15. Though maybe the extra $15-20 is worth it for you to not have to deal with the hassle of installing the heatsink yourself, depending on how much you like playing with tiny screws. :rofl:

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
It's not "necessary", though with several different people who might be having a bunch of different games all on there at the same time, it might be worth it.

Amazon has pretty good Cyber Monday deals right now on the Samsung 980 Pro (both the 1TB and 2TB), which is the drive I got to put in my PS5. So might be a good time to grab one (just be aware you'd need to get a separate heatsink to put on that drive).

Edit: actually that listing also has the option for the version that comes with a heatsink, but the 2TB version with it isn't on sale, and the extra $30 they want for the 1TB with heatsink is a little steep considering you can probably get a 3rd party heatsink for like $10-15. Though maybe the extra $15-20 is worth it for you to not have to deal with the hassle of installing the heatsink yourself, depending on how much you like playing with tiny screws. :rofl:

I looked at the 980 Pro at Best Buy for $200, but ended up ordering the WD SN850 from Walmart for $200. :run:

Reactions: Highlander_77

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
adding the SSD was a breeze and honestly 680 Gig isn't a whole lot of storage. If you're like me and you put certain games down and then come back to them over time, it's nice to have the storage. There are a lot of titles, especially next gen, that are anywhere from 50 - 100 Gig, so it doesn't take long to max out the default storage.

Reactions: Jumpem

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74