GAME TECH Official Sony PlayStation 5 - PS5 Thread

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Interesting article about the Dualsense battery life. Someone had mentioned how it seems pretty shitty, and I had noticed that the batteries seem to be running low pretty quickly of late too.
It seems as though what's actually going on is that, for some reason, Sony set the "low battery" warning to go off much earlier, and the indicator to drop down to one bar, even though the battery actually has several hours of juice left.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
Interesting article about the Dualsense battery life. Someone had mentioned how it seems pretty shitty, and I had noticed that the batteries seem to be running low pretty quickly of late too.
It seems as though what's actually going on is that, for some reason, Sony set the "low battery" warning to go off much earlier, and the indicator to drop down to one bar, even though the battery actually has several hours of juice left.

Yeah, I just ignore it for a while. Haven't had one shut off yet.

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio

I've noticed it, I've got at least 2 hours after the system low battery warning.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
Ok, can't play stranded deep anymore.

It's frozen while saving twice now and I've lost days of progress.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Ok, can't play stranded deep anymore.

It's frozen while saving twice now and I've lost days of progress.
Played that with a buddy when it came out - surprisingly fun game I dropped lots of time into. Can't remember I think I had one more sea creature to beat. Once you get the gyrocopter its childs play.

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
Played that with a buddy when it came out - surprisingly fun game I dropped lots of time into. Can't remember I think I had one more sea creature to beat. Once you get the gyrocopter its childs play.
Yeah it's relaxing but I've beat the shark twice and when I go to save after it freezes and corrupts my save. I have to DL the last cloud save which is always from the night before.

I'll give it one more chance tonight. Save, upload to cloud, beat the shark, and see if I can save again.

Lanzar

OT Supporter
Jan 10, 2003
Utah
It's honestly such a wonderful little game. Especially if you're a longtime PlayStation player, it's like a trip down memory lane wrapped up in a Nintendo quality 3D platformer. :bowdown:

That was a great recommendation! Not done yet but it's an amazing showcase of what the controller can do as well. Those adaptive triggers are bad ass.

beetle

blah blah blah
OT Supporter
Jun 1, 2001
Bay Area & Lake Tahoe
picked one up about a week ago through the direct purchase. what's the difference between PS plus and PS Now? they are both subscription services and offer some free games?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448