GAME TECH Official Sony PlayStation 5 - PS5 Thread

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
• Code name Spartacus

• Available on PS4 and PS5

• Launch expected in the spring

• Service will merge Sony’s two existing subscription plans PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now

• Plans to retain the PlayStation Plus branding but phase out PlayStation Now

• Pay a monthly fee for access to a catalog of modern and classic games with three tiers

• Tier 1 include existing PlayStation Plus benefits

• Tier 2 offers a large catalog of PS4 and, eventually, PS5 games

• Tier 3 adds extended demos, game streaming and a library of classic PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP games

Is this a real thing, or just some speculation?

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
I want to buy ps5 ghost of tsushima but im not paying anywhere near the $50 end of year sale price

RickylSmalls

OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
I mean, to be fair I've seen some incredibly specific and detailed internet rumors over the years that turned out to be nothing but smoke.

Reactions: Highlander_77

RickylSmalls

OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
I doubt anyone looking at the game (even the PS4 version running through BC) would ever think it looks dated or "last gen", but fair enough.
Yea like I said it could be the greatest thing in the world, but ill enjoy it more for less.

Just picked up far cry 6 for $30, ill probably play that and then buy the destiny 2 expansion and gran turismo by the time I'm done with those it should be priced exactly where I want it.

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Actually, assuming there's enough people on the service, I guess it could be. The thing we don't know is how much they're paying out in overhead costs and royalties or whatever to the 3rd parties whose games are available on the service. I'm sure big AAA publishers aren't going to let their games be available on there without substantial reimbursement from MS. But with 20-30 million subscribers at $10 a month, you're talking $200-300mil monthly. That seems like it could be enough to fund several big first party games yearly.

One thing Phil Spencer said too is that people who subscribe to game pass actually start buying more games than they did before. Something about them becoming more engaged with Xbox in general

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19