GAME TECH Official Sony PlayStation 5 - PS5 Thread

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
One thing Phil Spencer said too is that people who subscribe to game pass actually start buying more games than they did before. Something about them becoming more engaged with Xbox in general
I've had Game Pass since pretty much the beginning and I buy way less games now. It has to be on a mega sale or some AAA title not on there. The last game I bought at full price was RDR2.

Reactions: Carne Seca

anomaly

Only 00s are OGs
Oct 12, 2000
The Town
Clicked onto a BestBuy PS5 Disc package lwithin 3 seconds of the link going live, got the "please wait" and it still sold out before I could even get one in the cart.

TS
TS
Boing

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Got one today from Walmart after joining +. 19 minute wait in queue, then at 10 minutes left, it let me buy.
what time did you get in the queue? I refreshed and joined at exactly noon and got dropped out of the queue with 1 minute left saying they were sold out.. was trying to grab for a friend

lil*o*g

Aug 29, 2001
Jokelahoma
what time did you get in the queue? I refreshed and joined at exactly noon and got dropped out of the queue with 1 minute left saying they were sold out.. was trying to grab for a friend
I also did right at noon. I was trying on my laptop and phone. Phone was 19 minutes and laptop was 24. Kept both open until phone allowed me to go thru with 10 minutes left. Once approved, I ended the laptop browser.

TS
TS
Boing

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
I snagged a PS5 from Walmart today. Going to pick up Last of Us II, God of War since I never bought a PS4. Any must-have titles I'm missing?

Don't pay for God of War its free on ps5 with a bunch of other ps4 best sellers.
  • Batman: Arkham Knight
  • Battlefield 1
  • Bloodborne
  • Call of Duty Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Days Gone
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Fallout 4
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • God of War
  • inFAMOUS: Second Son
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Monster Hunter: World
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Persona 5
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Until Dawn

Do You Have to Pay Extra for PS Plus Collection?​

You do not have to pay any extra money for access to PS Plus Collection. It will become part of your PlayStation Plus subscription on PS5, but the fee will remain the same as it is now.

PlayStation Plus Collection is a membership benefit only for PS5. It's an additional bonus for PS Plus members with a PS5

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
I snagged a PS5 from Walmart today. Going to pick up Last of Us II, God of War since I never bought a PS4. Any must-have titles I'm missing?

Ghost of Tsushima! Also, Bloodborne if you're gud enough (though that one isn't going to be very impressive visually at this point).

And as has been pointed out, if you're going to sign up for PS+ (which I would recommend) you get God of War, as well as a bunch of other top PS4 titles, as part of the subscription.

But there's also the PS5 specific titles. Demon's Souls is fantastic (and arguably still the most visually impressive game on next gen) if you can handle it. Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart is a must-play. And then there's Returnal, which is incredible but definitely not for everyone. I'd only recommend that if you're familiar with how roguelikes work and know what you're getting into.

Edit: Bloodborne is also free with the PS Plus collection, so just try it there. If you find that you can handle Bloodborne, then definitely grab Demon's Souls.

Reactions: hootpie

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Horizon. I loved that game.

Runs at 60fps now on PS5 too. :cool:

The only thing that might make me hesitant to tell someone to start playing it now is the fact that the sequel will be out in a couple months. However, it really still would be best to play the original first and learn about the story and characters. :o

Reactions: Carne Seca

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19