GAME TECH Official Sony PlayStation 5 - PS5 Thread

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
I've still got the Logitech box the steering wheel came in, its a nice little cube that could be useful for something but fuck controller boxes and all that shit

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
I'm pretty bad about hanging onto boxes for no good reason in general though, especially if it was a really nice box. It's almost upsetting when I buy something and the box is really nice, because I know I'm not gonna want to throw it out. :rofl: :hs:

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
I have console boxes but.. I never sell anything lmao.

Please ignore my awful cable management. There's a horizontal stud behind the tv and I'm not bothering tryinna drill a fucking hole through it.

Picsart_22-03-30_23-01-27-282.jpg

Not pictured.. a Genesis v2 and ps3. Still need a Saturn and GameCube.

Last edited:

AKing

It's like we've got each others backs
Mar 15, 2001
Rhode Island
After getting all my friends and family PS5s I finally got one for myself. Only to realize now that there isn't shit to play :rofl:
Ummm returnal, ratchet and clank, elden ring, demons souls, death stranding for ps5, ghost of Tsushima for ps5, most of the goty games from ps4, gt7 even though micro transactions are fucking it up it’s still enjoyable.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...

Please ignore my awful cable management. There's a horizontal stud behind the tv and I'm not bothering tryinna drill a fucking hole through it.

View attachment 208365

Damn, I didn't realize how big the Saturn rocket kit was! Almost 4 years later I still haven't even opened the box mine came in :mamoru:

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas

View attachment 208365

Damn, I didn't realize how big the Saturn rocket kit was! Almost 4 years later I still haven't even opened the box mine came in :mamoru:
Saturn V crew :bowdown:

Reactions: yonson

EcheloN

OH NOES!
Dec 13, 2001
I can play some of the games on my PC. No thank you to playing any kind of FPS on a console. If you're telling me I should be playing PS3/4 games, no they are not PS5 games. I didn't buy a PS5 to play old games. From what I've seen there are a handful of real PS5 games people can recommend.

• Clown
Reactions: Carne Seca

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
I can play some of the games on my PC. No thank you to playing any kind of FPS on a console. If you're telling me I should be playing PS3/4 games, no they are not PS5 games. I didn't buy a PS5 to play old games. From what I've seen there are a handful of real PS5 games people can recommend.

If you mean games that have been released ONLY on PS5 (not on PS4), then yes, there are only a handful. But there are a ton of cross-gen games that have native PS5 versions (almost everything that's been released over the last couple years), and even more PS4 titles that have enhancements when running on PS5 (higher resolution and/or framerates, mainly).

If you're turning your nose up at any games that exist on PS4 as well because it's not a "real" PS5 game, then you're missing out on a shitload of great games and I don't know what else to tell you.

Reactions: SlowNegative

EcheloN

OH NOES!
Dec 13, 2001
If you mean games that have been released ONLY on PS5 (not on PS4), then yes, there are only a handful. But there are a ton of cross-gen games that have native PS5 versions (almost everything that's been released over the last couple years), and even more PS4 titles that have enhancements when running on PS5 (higher resolution and/or framerates, mainly).

If you're turning your nose up at any games that exist on PS4 as well because it's not a "real" PS5 game, then you're missing out on a shitload of great games and I don't know what else to tell you.

My opinion on this is if I've already played it on the PS4 I really don't want to play it again. So that takes out quite a few titles.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
My opinion on this is if I've already played it on the PS4 I really don't want to play it again. So that takes out quite a few titles.

That's understandable, not sure which PS4 titles you already played. I haven't actually fully replayed anything on PS5 that I already played on PS4 yet (God of War and Ghost of Tsushima at 4k/60fps are :chefkiss: though). But I also got a PS5 at launch, so literally everything that's come out since November of 2020 I've played on PS5.

EcheloN

OH NOES!
Dec 13, 2001
That's understandable, not sure which PS4 titles you already played. I haven't actually fully replayed anything on PS5 that I already played on PS4 yet (God of War and Ghost of Tsushima at 4k/60fps are :chefkiss: though). But I also got a PS5 at launch, so literally everything that's come out since November of 2020 I've played on PS5.

I am going to purchase the Drake Collection since I've never played any of those and I have Spiderman Ultimate Edition coming which I'm geeked to play. I'll probably end up getting Ratchet and Clank. I was just kind of disappointed at the selection of PS5 only games. The console has been out for about 2 years now so I figured there'd be way more.

Highlander_77

Dec 7, 2000
New England
I am going to purchase the Drake Collection since I've never played any of those and I have Spiderman Ultimate Edition coming which I'm geeked to play. I'll probably end up getting Ratchet and Clank. I was just kind of disappointed at the selection of PS5 only games. The console has been out for about 2 years now so I figured there'd be way more.

Well, they just haven't made that many that were strictly exclusive, I'm sure in large part because of the difficulty of getting the new consoles and the huge number of people out there still playing on previous gen systems. But that doesn't necessarily mean that a lot of those cross-gen games don't take advantage of the new hardware. Horizon Forbidden West, even though it's cross-gen, might be the best looking game I've ever seen (it's definitely right up there).

But as far as full PS5 exclusives, if you can handle games that are a little on the tougher side, absolutely grab Demon's Souls and Returnal. Demon's Souls is maybe the other game that I would consider for "best looking ever", it's just incredibly polished looking and truly "next-gen". And Returnal has some of the smoothest most compelling 3rd person shooter gameplay I've ever experienced, along with amazing atmosphere and presentation. It WILL kick your ass at first though. :mamoru:

Also I think both of those games are on sale currently, if you're ok with buying games digitally.

Reactions: EcheloN

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
Slightly under 1.5 years, and unless you have endless time I think the selection is decent.

If I were you id wait to see what games they're offering on this new ps plus service, drake collection and spidermans could be on there and who knows what else.

Reactions: EcheloN

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec