*OFFICIAL* The Last of Us *SPOILER DISCUSSION* …on HBO Max *NO GAME SPOILERS*

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Sarah was played by Thandiwe Newton's daughter. I thought there was something a little familiar about her face

68430998_898452477179029_2159234042866696192_n.jpg
Yup, figured that out pretty quickly. Knew she had to be

Reactions: STUCKHEAD

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
Show was great and a ton of little details kinda reinforces that they played/experienced the game.

Pumped for the rest, I dont really care if they stick to the exact storyline of the game, just as long as theyre hitting the main beats, im excited for last episode.

Did you watch the weeks ahead trailer? Last shot gave me chills

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
absolutely spectacular

Even after playing the game twice and watching replays in youtube I was still tense as fuck in the intro. The added scenes with the neighbor were really good in adding just enough of tension and subtle terror to elevate.

also cried my ass off at that damn scene..again.
when the old lady was blurred in the background and was showing the first signs of being infected it was creepy af

Reactions: Twinsen and majesty

Rownan

SHIFT
Mar 16, 2000
Highland, MI
Okay I'll add my review of ep 1 in here. I've played both games in their entirety and consider TLOU the best game story ever made and definitely on my top 5 games of all time.

I was very skeptical going into this because of how the games impacted me. I didn't want them to adapt the games and lose what made that story so great to experience. The actors chosen for Joel and Ellie also lowered my expectations a little. It's very much like reading a book and having this idea in your head about who the characters are, their mannerisms and how they interact.

So having said the above, I am pretty positive on the show. The death of Joel's daughter, even knowing it is coming, was still a gut punch. Pedro as Joel is pretty convincing. What remains to be seen is his interaction with Ellie. They really sold it well in the games, how you get the sense that he sees a lot of his daughter in her and begins to love her like a daughter toward the end.

Jury is still out if Bella Ramsey can be Ellie for me. This will need more convincing. She does a pretty good job of personifying the character from what I've seen so far. The upstart, short tempered, immature girl who grows into something much more.

I'm excited to see where it goes from here. I am a little jealous of people who have not experienced this story yet and am highly interested to know how they feel after watching it. Is it as good as I think it is? I realize I might have rose colored glasses.

garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon
Okay I'll add my review of ep 1 in here. I've played both games in their entirety and consider TLOU the best game story ever made and definitely on my top 5 games of all time.

I was very skeptical going into this because of how the games impacted me. I didn't want them to adapt the games and lose what made that story so great to experience. The actors chosen for Joel and Ellie also lowered my expectations a little. It's very much like reading a book and having this idea in your head about who the characters are, their mannerisms and how they interact.

So having said the above, I am pretty positive on the show. The death of Joel's daughter, even knowing it is coming, was still a gut punch. Pedro as Joel is pretty convincing. What remains to be seen is his interaction with Ellie. They really sold it well in the games, how you get the sense that he sees a lot of his daughter in her and begins to love her like a daughter toward the end.

Jury is still out if Bella Ramsey can be Ellie for me. This will need more convincing. She does a pretty good job of personifying the character from what I've seen so far. The upstart, short tempered, immature girl who grows into something much more.

I'm excited to see where it goes from here. I am a little jealous of people who have not experienced this story yet and am highly interested to know how they feel after watching it. Is it as good as I think it is? I realize I might have rose colored glasses.
agreed

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Ok so I have to admit, I wasn’t even sure that was Joel’s daughter. For awhile I was trying to figure out if he was her uncle or what was going on in that house. After a bit it became more obvious, maybe I missed some key words in the dialogue

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
I actually thought she looked a lot like Sarah, despite obviously the different complexion, hair, eye color - something about her face and wide eyed expressions looked a lot like Sarah from the game to me
It was noticeable when they changed her hair right before Joel arrived home late that evening so it was closer to the game.

They definitely got the details right in the outfit, the necklace, her sitting in the backseat just looking all around scared. It was on point.

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
Ok so I have to admit, I wasn’t even sure that was Joel’s daughter. For awhile I was trying to figure out if he was her uncle or what was going on in that house. After a bit it became more obvious, maybe I missed some key words in the dialogue
My wife asked if Marlene was Sarah’s mom lol

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy