*OFFICIAL* The Last of Us *SPOILER DISCUSSION* …on HBO Max *NO GAME SPOILERS*

daze

Supreme Member
OT Supporter
Dec 19, 2003
Alief, Texas
I was impressed with how it looked, large and decrepit and dangerous and dirty - I was worried things would look too clean but nah - mad lived in
One of the most prominent things about the game is how they nailed nature taking back the concrete jungle humans created. The creators of the game studied pics of Chernobyl to see how the buildings look covered in vines and plants creeping into the streets and buildings as they’re falling apart. That’s what I’m hoping for and excited to see in the game.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
One of the most prominent things about the game is how they nailed nature taking back the concrete jungle humans created. The creators of the game studied pics of Chernobyl to see how the buildings look covered in vines and plants creeping into the streets and buildings as they’re falling apart. That’s what I’m hoping for and excited to see in the game.
yea itll be really cool to see more stuff next episode in regards to this as they get outside the safe zone

Reactions: Jesus

daze

Supreme Member
OT Supporter
Dec 19, 2003
Alief, Texas
i fucking loved it. but the emotional spots (everyone knows what im talkin about) didnt hit me like they did in the game the first time around. i wanna show my girl (never heard of the game) to see how she feels about the scene. i was completely numb to it cus i already knew it was coming.

that said, the way they pulled it off was fucking flawless.
I feel like this show isn’t entirely for die hard fans of the gam… It’s more for a new audience. With that being said fans of the game can watch and notice cool easter eggs and homages and see the story in a new light.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
I feel like this show isn’t entirely for die hard fans of the gam… It’s more for a new audience. With that being said fans of the game can watch and notice cool easter eggs and homages and see the story in a new light.
yea i don't think anyone outside the super autists expected it to be an exact copy of the game (some of them already bitching)

Reactions: Jesus

daze

Supreme Member
OT Supporter
Dec 19, 2003
Alief, Texas
Some of the easter eggs I noticed

They emphasized pills pretty prominently because in the game pills is how you update all of your skills, and you’re constantly finding pills scattered around the world. Pretty funny.

Also when Joel pulls out the wrench and whacks Mrs Adler. He immediately tosses it to the ground rather than keeping it… because in the game you only get like 3 hits out of melee weapons like that before they break.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
Some of the easter eggs I noticed

They emphasized pills pretty prominently because in the game pills is how you update all of your skills, and you’re constantly finding pills scattered around the world. Pretty funny.

Also when Joel pulls out the wrench and whacks Mrs Adler. He immediately tosses it to the ground rather than keeping it… because in the game you only get like 3 hits out of melee weapons like that before they break.

also when Joel and Tess enter the building and do the backpack thing

daze

Supreme Member
OT Supporter
Dec 19, 2003
Alief, Texas
yea i don't think anyone outside the super autists expected it to be an exact copy of the game (some of them already bitching)
That’s why it’s hard for die hard fans to “enjoy” a show like this. Too many things your brain is comparing to how well it was done in the game. It’s way too many things to begin with. The relationship between Ellie and Joel is a complicated one. It’s hard to capture that in an episode of a show that has to keep things moving.

Reactions: GRattu

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
That’s why it’s hard for die hard fans to “enjoy” a show like this. Too many things your brain is comparing to how well it was done in the game. It’s way too many things to begin with. The relationship between Ellie and Joel is a complicated one. It’s hard to capture that in an episode of a show that has to keep things moving.
i think any non unhinged game enjoyer can separate the two

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
There were definitely a few points for me where I was like "hey they changed that from the game", but I'm trying to enjoy it for what it is as a show and I understand that some things just won't translate from the game to the tv show

Reactions: Jesus and crotch

Meat Popsicle

You're stewed, butt wad!
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
The Middle
There were definitely a few points for me where I was like "hey they changed that from the game", but I'm trying to enjoy it for what it is as a show and I understand that some things just won't translate from the game to the tv show
Druckman also said they added/expanded things that they wanted to put in the game but couldn't fit in.

Reactions: GRattu

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY

i noticed some odd things in terms of this. my brain was being dumb and was like "this scene was shot over the left shoulder in the game and not the right shoulder"

FFS brain shut up

SenenCito

OT Supporter
May 21, 2002
P FKN R
Druckman also said they added/expanded things that they wanted to put in the game but couldn't fit in.
At first I didn't get how a shorter format will allow them more story telling, but they did a really good explanation in the podcast after the show.

Basically the game is tied to the main characters point of view and having a series allows them to flesh out some scenes that are not really from the characters point of view.

Good stuff.

TS
TS
SBrooks1

SBrooks1

I Bomb Atomically
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
I was waiting for them to get t-boned in the truck and here comes the truck to do it....but nope. The truck hit the brakes and stopped. Then the airplane crashed and took them out instead. Nice little nod and change up.

Reactions: crotch

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
Anyone know if all episodes will be as long as the first or just 1 hour?
Episode lengths for The Last of Us will seemingly vary from 81 minutes to just 43 minutes, with the longest coming in its premiere and the shortest in its finale, according to rumors. Again, these have not been officially confirmed, but they are said to be the following:

• Episode 1: 81 minutes (Confirmed)
  • Episode 2: 55 minutes
  • Episode 3: 76 minutes
  • Episode 4: 46 minutes
  • Episode 5: 59 minutes
  • Episode 6: 59 minutes
  • Episode 7: 56 minutes
  • Episode 8: 51 minutes
  • Episode 9: 43 minutes

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I was waiting for them to get t-boned in the truck and here comes the truck to do it....but nope. The truck hit the brakes and stopped. Then the airplane crashed and took them out instead. Nice little nod and change up.
yeah i’m okay with these “minor” change ups bc they still work and don’t deviate the main plot and still arrive at the end result the same

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld