*OFFICIAL* The Last of Us *SPOILER DISCUSSION* …on HBO Max *NO GAME SPOILERS*

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
Didn't read thread. Can someone tell me ifthis thread has game spoilers that I need to avoid? We gonna have to do like Game of Thrones and have a separate thread for nerds who played the game.
It's already happening, so yeah

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
If we're not doing game spoilers, that aspect should probably be in the thread title

Like "SHOW SPOILERS BUT NOT GAME SPOILERS ALLOWED"

• Haha
Reactions: crotch and rcm

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
giphy.gif

Matren

I am vengeance! I am the night!
Oct 4, 2001
New Albany, IN
Just started watching, never played the games, know the gist of the plot... Why did they set it in 2003 instead of 2013?

Slimmy

Yep.
Mar 14, 2000
Ft. Lauderdale
Just started watching, never played the games, know the gist of the plot... Why did they set it in 2003 instead of 2013?
When Insider asked series' creators Craig Mazin ("Chernobyl") and Neil Druckmann in December over Zoom why the show's timeline starts in 2003 instead of 2013, like in the game, Mazin said it was something he suggested.

"I just had this thing where if I'm watching a show and it takes place 20 years in the future from my time now, it just seems less real," Mazin told Insider with a laugh. "I'm just less connected."

I suggested this change because it would allow the show's main timeline to be now, in 2023," Mazin continued, adding, "There's just something about saying this is happening now in this parallel universe."

He added: "It also weirdly did give us an opportunity to explore this interesting period of early 2000s. It has its own aesthetic. It's got its own technology. It was an interesting place to freeze the world. It kind of helped give us a little bit more of a period feeling to the world."

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
So one episode and it has a 9.6 IMDb rating. I’m not going to watch until a few more episodes are released but do you guys agree with the rating?

nnn614

Yup
Dec 14, 2001
Columbus, OH
My wife is on the fence about continuing it because it's "too intense and stressful". She said the same stuff towards the end of Breaking Bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy