*OFFICIAL* The Last of Us *SPOILER DISCUSSION* …on HBO Max *NO GAME SPOILERS*

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Yea the graphics are better in the remake and companions are less likely to run in front of enemies like idiots while you're stealthing lol
Guess it had been long enough that I didn't remember that being an issue lol

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Guess it had been long enough that I didn't remember that being an issue lol

It was pretty bad sometimes :rofl:

giphy.gif

MrBlonde

OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2002
:wisconsin:
honestly if it’s adapted from the game they have a good amount of source material and characters to work with i don’t see how it could suck

only thing they could do to fuck it up is additional dialogue at the discretion of writers but if it’s a true adaptation i don’t think it’s very possible
GoT was based on a book, until it wasn't.

Reactions: crotch

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
Damn. Just realized part 2 doesn't have online multiplayer yet. Was really looking forward to it after playing the story. I remeber the part 1 multiplayer being fun as fuck.

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Damn. Just realized part 2 doesn't have online multiplayer yet. Was really looking forward to it after playing the story. I remeber the part 1 multiplayer being fun as fuck.
Multiplayer in this franchise just sounds so odd

Never attempted

Reactions: crotch

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
Multiplayer in this franchise just sounds so odd

Never attempted

It was really fun. If I remember correctly, it was like 2 teams of 5 or 6 in a battle map from the story. The first few min was running/sneaking around to get supplies/weapons. Then hiding behind stuff and lighting people up with Molotovs.

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
I just described every team deathmatch from the past 10 years :rofl:

I think the sneaking part and getting supplies to build bombs and stuff made it unique.

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
The fact that Marlene mentioned Riley makes me wonder if we're going see some "left behind" DLC inspired flashbacks at some point. Also, I downloaded the new "remake" for this last night and holy shit it looks incredible. I would say the AI is a bit smarter too, more like Part 2.

Reactions: Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
The fact that Marlene mentioned Riley makes me wonder if we're going see some "left behind" DLC inspired flashbacks at some point. Also, I downloaded the new "remake" for this last night and holy shit it looks incredible. I would say the AI is a bit smarter too, more like Part 2.
The trailer shows a scene with Riley and Ellie so ye that's happening

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
I really hope we get more of Lev and Abby's story from after the events of II

I hoped that would happen as a dlc but apparently that ain't in the works

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Got a bunch of people to try this show that otherwise might have skipped

They all said they thought it was awesome

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
Got a bunch of people to try this show that otherwise might have skipped

They all said they thought it was awesome
Perfect show for that because people love anything zombie like and for a video game it's a reasonable story, add that it's hbo and quality actors and hard for them to miss as long as they don't stray from the story.

My girlfriend is watching even though she's terrified of her own shadow, she was fine until the zombie like folk were moving fast.

Reactions: Twinsen

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Perfect show for that because people love anything zombie like and for a video game it's a reasonable story, add that it's hbo and quality actors and hard for them to miss as long as they don't stray from the story.

My girlfriend is watching even though she's terrified of her own shadow, she was fine until the zombie like folk were moving fast.

Clickers
gonna fuck her up proper

Reactions: Twinsen and crotch

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007

My wife is already shook as fuck
clickers will def be a lot for them

She also doesn't handle gore or bloody shit well at all. Sarah's death scene was almost too much for her lol

Reactions: ostinato

Axespeed

OT Supporter
Mar 9, 2005
Ok cool. I'm glad it's not just my gf that can't separate movies and TV shows from reality lol
yeah my wife doesn't do anything remotely horror so I am watching this without her

even my buddy who is super into horror movies is turned off by zombies for some reason. it's just not for everyone

the runners sort of remind me of 28 Days Later, which was intense af

Reactions: Jesus

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6