*OFFICIAL* The Last of Us *SPOILER DISCUSSION* …on HBO Max *NO GAME SPOILERS*

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
It was fun and had a strong if cult following

zero chance your brother doesnt love it on PC without a framerate cap - I have faith that what they are working on will be compelling

i think it was the first console online game i'd played since halo 2 and i was seriously offput by how lonely it felt, i've always felt like playstation online gaming is largely missing the feeling of community and communication itself that i always find with pc gaming and did find with xbox live back in the mid 00s. that was a significant hurdle for me. if it's on pc and has good communication that would go a long way to making me like it.

onyourchin

Aug 31, 2007
SF
Not really feeling it like the rest of y'all.

Now I gotta say, I've never been into zombie anything, and got bored of the game like 3 hours in and never returned to it. The show is pretty well executed so far but holy crap people are overrating it imo

• Clown
Reactions: Jesus

thegooch

Jan 5, 2008
They completely nailed it with the clickers

The set pieces, the prosthetics, the CG environments of the overgrown world

Just absolutely top notch

So glad I went back a couple months ago and replayed the PS5 remastered version
gonna have to drop $70 on this and I hate that I have to.

thegooch

Jan 5, 2008

Now I gotta say, I've never been into zombie anything, and got bored of the game like 3 hours in and never returned to it. The show is pretty well executed so far but holy crap people are overrating it imo
gave up after 3 hours and you have an opinion? gtofh

Reactions: Section8 and Jesus

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
was sort of thrown with the new idea of the fungus communicating but watching the bts after and them saying the military chasing them isn’t sustainable and the idea of spores working in a game versus a show i agree with their choice

much more fun to watch this way too.

Reactions: SquirtRussel

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007

Try androgel

Heard it works wonders

• Haha
Reactions: Keksim and SBrooks1

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Love how all the gaming nods are executed: tess pushing against the door in ep 1 and exclaiming about how heavy it was, Ellie and the board in ep 2, the
glass alerting the clickers

They know how to treat source material while avoiding anything eyeroll inducing

Meat Popsicle

You're stewed, butt wad!
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
The Middle
was sort of thrown with the new idea of the fungus communicating but watching the bts after and them saying the military chasing them isn’t sustainable and the idea of spores working in a game versus a show i agree with their choice

much more fun to watch this way too.

I loved the change. It's such a good idea. The largest living thing on earth is a fungus:

Meat Popsicle

You're stewed, butt wad!
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
The Middle
Fuck the clicker scene was perfect. The sound, the way they looked, the insanely tense build up once they realize they could be around and then the reveal. My wife watched me play most of the game so she was waiting for something to jump out and she almost had a panic attack it was so stressful. Just absolutely perfect.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I loved the change. It's such a good idea. The largest living thing on earth is a fungus:

yeah i’m on board lfg. think i had reservations about them taking liberties and adapting it for screen but im here for it now

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
Reactions: Meat Popsicle

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
That shit was
Fuck the clicker scene was perfect. The sound, the way they looked, the insanely tense build up once they realize they could be around and then the reveal. My wife watched me play most of the game so she was waiting for something to jump out and she almost had a panic attack it was so stressful. Just absolutely perfect.
This made me want to play the game so much more. To three point where I pretty much have to now.

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Cliffs on what changed for a non game player
in the scene after the museum when they enter that building where they’re all dead in a circle, usually FERDA aka the loosely military based group(iirc?) tries to kick down the door.

in the show the fungus awakens a pack of infected that you saw earlier and they storm the door

Reactions: ostinato

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
in the scene after the museum when they enter that building where they’re all dead in a circle, usually FERDA aka the loosely military based group(iirc?) tries to kick down the door.

in the show the fungus awakens a pack of infected that you saw earlier and they storm the door
FERDA

letterkenny_hockey1.jpg

meyou

OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2005

:hmm:

maybe i should cop the game and try to play along with the show

Reactions: Jesus and crotch

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6