ENT **Official Thread** HBO House of the Dragon premieres 8/21

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007

View attachment 242873

uh, literally everyone I knew who watched the show was upset at how it ended. I have never met a fan who said "You know, I really liked the ending!" fucking tone deaf here.
I only know one person irl who was actually upset about the ending. Found that super odd as its just a tv show but he legit flipped out on me when we argued about it

Everyone else still appreciated the show as a whole that I've talked to outside of the echo chamber that is the Internet

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
I only know one person irl who was actually upset about the ending. Found that super odd as its just a tv show but he legit flipped out on me when we argued about it

Everyone else still appreciated the show as a whole that I've talked to outside of the echo chamber that is the Internet
my siblings, cousins, co-workers and friends were all severely disappointed. Saying that only Twitter was mad about a shit ending is just childish. I still thought the first 7 seasons were fantastic television, but it left a bad taste in my mouth with how it ended.

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
my siblings, cousins, co-workers and friends were all severely disappointed. Saying that only Twitter was mad about a shit ending is just childish. I still thought the first 7 seasons were fantastic television, but it left a bad taste in my mouth with how it ended.
I mostly just wanted solid adaptations of the first three books and we definitely got that at least

TS
TS
MM

MM

OT Supporter
Apr 24, 2007
Dirty Jersey

This.
My assumption is that the research shows 80-90% were happy with or indifferent about the ending.

The rest of the clowns in this thread are echoing the 3% of the fan base who just happen to be loudest and have the free time to go online and complain.

Go look at the comments on the trailer that was just released, this fan base is reignited on a global scale and is pumped to see this new show.

As long as HBO doesn’t fuck up this show, we are looking at another hit.

Reactions: GRattu
TS
TS
MM

MM

OT Supporter
Apr 24, 2007
Dirty Jersey
Please tell me what exactly you disliked.

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
I mostly just wanted solid adaptations of the first three books and we definitely got that at least
The "oh well, everyone dies when Danaerys goes crazy, and Bran has a great story, and Jon is just going to wander off north of the wall, and we never found out any of the White Walkers motivation" was just uhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I got an immense amount of enjoyment out of watching the first 6 seasons numerous times. I think I watched each season 3+ times, but I haven't watched any of it since the finale. I'll definitely watch the House of the Dragon though.

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
This.
My assumption is that the research shows 80-90% were happy with or indifferent about the ending.

The rest of the clowns in this thread are echoing the 3% of the fan base who just happen to be loudest and have the free time to go online and complain.

Go look at the comments on the trailer that was just released, this fan base is reignited on a global scale and is pumped to see this new show.

As long as HBO doesn’t fuck up this show, we are looking at another hit.
You'd think the angry loud ones would realize d&d have absolutely nothing to do with this show anyway lol

TS
TS
MM

MM

OT Supporter
Apr 24, 2007
Dirty Jersey
You'd think the angry loud ones would realize d&d have absolutely nothing to do with this show anyway lol
Exactly.
It’s almost as if HBO made this piece to address the smoothed brained individuals who repeat the same gripe about DnD and haven’t figured out this is something else.
Looking at you @Boing

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
Please tell me what exactly you disliked.
Bran has a great story? :ugh: no, they let his story wither on the vine. He demonstrated nothing that indicated he would be a good king. Maybe if he were using his powers to do.....anything? He could have warged into the dragon perhaps. It made no sense that Tyrion was in prison, but then they let him out and convince them all who should be the king? The entire Bran storyline was building up so well and then......nothing.

The whole White Walkers ended with no explanation as to what they wanted or were doing, and while I didn't think it was implausible that Arya would wield the knife, it was a terrible episode in terms of the charging their armies into the darkness just to get shredded.

Letting Varys - the master of whispers - get caught sending a letter?

Jon just depressed and wandering off away from his family to go north of the wall.

Reactions: Petey!

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
The "oh well, everyone dies when Danaerys goes crazy, and Bran has a great story, and Jon is just going to wander off north of the wall, and we never found out any of the White Walkers motivation" was just uhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I got an immense amount of enjoyment out of watching the first 6 seasons numerous times. I think I watched each season 3+ times, but I haven't watched any of it since the finale. I'll definitely watch the House of the Dragon though.
I rewatched the hardhome battle after this new trailer bc I got that itch

It's still so awesome

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Bran has a great story? :ugh: no, they let his story wither on the vine. He demonstrated nothing that indicated he would be a good king. Maybe if he were using his powers to do.....anything? He could have warged into the dragon perhaps. It made no sense that Tyrion was in prison, but then they let him out and convince them all who should be the king? The entire Bran storyline was building up so well and then......nothing.

The whole White Walkers ended with no explanation as to what they wanted or were doing, and while I didn't think it was implausible that Arya would wield the knife, it was a terrible episode in terms of the charging their armies into the darkness just to get shredded.

Letting Varys - the master of whispers - get caught sending a letter?

Jon just depressed and wandering off away from his family to go north of the wall.
Jon's ending made sense tho. His sense of honor was embedded to a fault, much like Ned's. It made sense for him to end up back there

Reactions: GRattu

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
I rewatched the hardhome battle after this new trailer bc I got that itch

It's still so awesome
Battle of the Bastards was chillingly good. the scene of Jon facing the charging army was heart-stopping for me.

this whole trailer still gives me the chills

Reactions: Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Battle of the Bastards was chillingly good. the scene of Jon facing the charging army was heart-stopping for me.

this whole trailer still gives me the chills

One of the best eps of tv ever made

And they made it out of the dregs that were the last two novels which is pretty astounding when you think about it

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
Jon's ending made sense tho. His sense of honor was embedded to a fault, much like Ned's. It made sense for him to end up back there
honor to what or whom? Ygritte was dead. Castle Black was gone. the wildlings had mostly come back south.

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
honor to what or whom? Ygritte was dead. Castle Black was gone. the wildlings had mostly come back south.
I dunno I just feel like after he said his vows that would always be his home

It would never sit right for him to not return

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Exactly.
It’s almost as if HBO made this piece to address the smoothed brained individuals who repeat the same gripe about DnD and haven’t figured out this is something else.
Looking at you @Boing

when did I ever say D&D had anything to do with this

maybe if you fucks at HBO learned to read we wouldn't be here

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
For the record, I don’t know one person irl who was happy with S8. Not one

This

I think it’s probably fair to say the level of disappointment irl is more varied (in terms of maybe more people were just “let down” by the ending, and didn’t “hate” it), but to say it’s just a small contingent of the internet who were angry about it is to be willfully ignorant. I don’t know a single person who said they loved the ending, or even liked it.

Transition:

Battle of the Bastards is some of the best 60 minutes of tv/movies/anything, ever

Absolutely thrilling episode of television

preston

Jun 8, 2006
Miami / Atlanta
I don’t even necessarily hate the ultimate result of the characters, in terms of their fate or position of power - it’s just the execution that, almost across the board - was trash

jon going north, fine
arya going further west, fine
sansa queen in the north, fine
bran as king, not my first choice, but fine
dany going mad and Jon killing her, fine - you just cannot execute it that way
jamie and cersei dying together - fine, just not like that

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Er ko kary