SBrooks1

@ComicConScott
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia

1599568084719.png

1599568133565.png

1599568159705.png

It has long been rumored that Microsoft is working on two Xbox consoles for next-gen, aiming to claim both ends of the market. And now, we can confirm indeed that the pricing scheme should be very familiar, matching that of the Xbox One X and Xbox One S of yesteryear.

We can confirm via our sources that the entry-level Xbox Series S will cost $299 at retail, with a $25 per month Xbox All Access financing option, which Microsoft is planning to push hard via various retailers and a large global rollout. The more powerful Xbox Series X will cost $499, with a $35 per month Xbox All Access financing option.

Both consoles will launch on November 10, 2020.

The Xbox Series S just leaked (via Brad Sams), giving us a glimpse at Microsoft's entry-level next-gen SKU. The Xbox Series S is small enough to fit inside an Xbox Series X, and we expect it to be around 4TF RDNA2, making it roughly around as powerful as the Xbox One X, perhaps geared towards 1080p monitors with better frame rates. We don't have further details on the console's capabilities beyond that, but we expect NVME drives, and many of the newer "next-gen" features like fast resuming multiple games, and ray tracing.

The Xbox Series X is a 12TF beast of a console that will boast 4K resolution and 60 FPS as standard, with some games, like Halo Infinite, going all the way up to 120 FPS in multiplayer.

The prices Microsoft have put forward for the Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X put them firmly in-line with the Xbox One S and Xbox One X, and it will be interesting to see how Sony prices the competing PlayStation 5 in response. Microsoft has committed to bringing the entire Xbox One game library, including backwards compatible Xbox 360 games forward to the Xbox Series S and Xbox Series X, and your best Xbox One headset and all of your other accessories "will just work" on the next-gen systems as well.

Microsoft will push Xbox All Access financing far more broadly than it did this gen, which was seen as a bit of a pilot program. We're expecting Xbox All Access to roll out to far more markets than it did previously, and we also expect the Xbox Series consoles to gun for a global simultaneous launch in all existing Xbox markets, rather than the slow rollout we saw for the Xbox One in 2013.

Last edited:
Reactions: stevezissou

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
There is literally no reason for an xbox unless you're poverty. Especially now that the NVIDIA 30 series cards are going to be so well priced. All the xbox games are going to run on windows 10 also.

PS5 for exclusives
PC for everything else

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
There is literally no reason for an xbox unless you're poverty. Especially now that the NVIDIA 30 series cards are going to be so well priced. All the xbox games are going to run on windows 10 also.

PS5 for exclusives
PC for everything else

the problem is that many current console gamers are not going to build PCs. some people just want to buy a console, plug it in and play.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains

PS5 for exclusives
PC for everything else
well there is one reason you wouldn't be playing on PC and it's that you have sex with women

haha got eem

MiseryIndex

open your eyes child, your sea is changing.
Nov 9, 2000
heaven's fence.
I would consider buying a console just to get access to NHL.. so stupid that it's not available on pc :(

seriously.

i used to buy the ea nhl games for pc, all the way through mid 00's or whenever they stopped. i got a 360 to keep up with it but haven't bought since 14 or 15, whenever the last one for it was.

Reactions: Boots

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
I would consider buying a console just to get access to NHL.. so stupid that it's not available on pc :(

i remember buying NHL on PC a long time ago, which year did they stop making it for PC?

one thing i can't stand about NHL games is that the goalies are too stupid to do things that would save goals/help the defense, and offense, technically. i'm not sure why they never improve on goalie AI.

also, the passing seems like it needs some work. the game isn't perfect, but i liked earlier versions better than what we have, now.

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte

PS5 for exclusives
PC for everything else
Playing on your 75" tv on the couch and it just works vs sitting in front of a computer and fucking with hardware/drivers...not hard to see why consoles make sense.

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
also, i can't stand EA computer assistance or whatever you want to call it. i play vs a friend and i seem to always have a great 1st and 2nd period, 6-7 goal lead, for example, then the 3rd period kicks in and it seems that my team is operating at 50% and he always comes back to win by a goal or force it to OT.

i'd say 95% of our games end up this way. very annoying.

Yeahdoug

I paid money for this shit?
OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2003
Charlotte

PS5 for exclusives
PC for everything else
Except for being lazy and not having to worry about anything.

TomDlgns

OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2004
Playing on your 75" tv on the couch and it just works vs sitting in front of a computer and fucking with hardware/drivers...not hard to see why consoles make sense.

i prefer the PC, but most of my friends don't know how to operate a PC (obviously a joke) which is why console is just easier, overall.

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012

It's pretty easy to hook up your PC to a TV. That's the way I have mine set up. No issues. The new OLEDs will even do 120Hz.

Reactions: Niccolo-daddy

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec