ENT GAME TECH *OFFICIAL THREAD * XBOX Series S - Series X

datsurferguy

OT Supporter
Jun 22, 2003
xbox news dump

flight simulator may be dropping very soon for series consoles

tv apps and streaming sticks on the way

xcloud will be upgraded to series x hardware within the next month. xcloud also coming to edge, chrome, and safari browsers

we'll be able to try games on the console before downloading them using xcloud

even with all the streaming options they're still going all out on hardware as well

Reactions: Grape_Ape

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
I am in the cloud gaming beta and even on a wired connection on my PC at home, whenever I tired it was basically unplayable. Choppy AF.

But yes, love me some Game Pass.

Reactions: Genius/GZA

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
I have to say with this generation they really are. All the news and hype you hear is from XBox. Nothing from Sony these days. XBox Game Pass shits all over everything.

Personally I get more excited hearing about actual games that are coming out than I do about new services that Microsoft wants to get everyone subscribed to.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
with the amount of teams they have and continue to build/acquire the lack of games narrative will be gone

Possibly. They've bought studios/developers before without much to show for it, but obviously the Zenimax acquisition is on a whole different level. It's still vaporware until something actually comes out though.

I also have to say, I'm not really loving the idea of a giant company like Microsoft just going through the industry buying up a ton of studios. It's one thing to build up talented studios internally, but having a huge publisher go around acquiring existing established studios hasn't had a particularly great track record in this industry (thinking of companies like EA and Activision).

datsurferguy

OT Supporter
Jun 22, 2003
Possibly. They've bought studios/developers before without much to show for it, but obviously the Zenimax acquisition is on a whole different level. It's still vaporware until something actually comes out though.

I also have to say, I'm not really loving the idea of a giant company like Microsoft just going through the industry buying up a ton of studios. It's one thing to build up talented studios internally, but having a huge publisher go around acquiring existing established studios hasn't had a particularly great track record in this industry (thinking of companies like EA and Activision).

zenimax/bethesda was publicly not in a good position, was looking to be purchased and had a long history of working with microsoft. if you're actually worried about a giant company going through the industry then companies like tencent might be a bigger concern when they have a track record of buying at a much larger rate than microsoft ever has.

this isn't the old microsoft and according to the studios that have been bought by microsoft they all rave about it and say they have complete creative freedom so unless something drastically changes im not worried bout the track record of ea or activision when looking at microsoft.

sony has been pretty aggressive with locking out other platforms with long timed exclusives, they're also acquiring studios and with the recent leaks they are trying to prevent companies from doing business with game pass. if microsoft doesn't make these moves they won't be able to compete.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19