ENT GAME TECH *OFFICIAL THREAD * XBOX Series S - Series X

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
Can someone school me on the game pass stuff. This is my first xbox. For the PlayStation I never really gamed online and only paid for the online gaming a handful of times. Typically I like single player games. I plan on putting a lot of time into Microsoft flight sim and also checking out forza first. I see that the flight sim has 3 different versions you can buy. I think it is also on the game pass though.

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
Can someone school me on the game pass stuff. This is my first xbox. For the PlayStation I never really gamed online and only paid for the online gaming a handful of times. Typically I like single player games. I plan on putting a lot of time into Microsoft flight sim and also checking out forza first. I see that the flight sim has 3 different versions you can buy. I think it is also on the game pass though.
Game pass is like Netflix for games and when you get game pass ultimate it includes Xbox gold live which allows you to play games online. It also includes monthly games not on game pass that you can keep while you are subscribed.

Reactions: SBrooks1

Narc

Stuck in the #CroneZone
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
Do the Turkey 🇹🇷 key hack.

Bought 3 years of Xbox live from Turkey. Redeem using vpn on USA account. Then convert to Gamepass. Spent 98$ for 3 years of Gamepass (either 1$ for new gamepass conversions or 14$ more if you had gamepass in the past)

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson

Bought 3 years of Xbox live from Turkey. Redeem using vpn on USA account. Then convert to Gamepass. Spent 98$ for 3 years of Gamepass (either 1$ for new gamepass conversions or 14$ more if you had gamepass in the past)

E8d1.gif

Reactions: pock

pock

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Louisiana

I think my game pass expires at the end of the year. Hoping I can do this again.

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird

You don’t have to do that

I bought a bunch of gold yesterday then paid 15$ for Xbox ultimate and it applied to all my 2 years+ of gold. O recurring billing

Narc

Stuck in the #CroneZone
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
You don’t have to do that

I bought a bunch of gold yesterday then paid 15$ for Xbox ultimate and it applied to all my 2 years+ of gold. O recurring billing
Did you pay 30$ for 1 yr of gold?

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
So if I just decide to buy the flight sim game outright for now, I assume I won’t be able to play online? And what’s the cost if I do want to?

May 8, 2001
Colorado
So if I just decide to buy the flight sim game outright for now, I assume I won’t be able to play online? And what’s the cost if I do want to?
You just need XBL Gold for online access. It's $9.99 p/m.

Here's a breakdown. Look at the descriptions rather than the first month price.

Reactions: DrewDown

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
Yeah you would not be able to play online without at least Xbox live gold.

MSRP is $60/year. I think the lowest it gets these days for a legit code is about $50/year. If you want to use a VPN and buy a code from a 3rd world country and redeem it on your account they can be had for around $30-something.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor