ART Ohhh manz, I feel like Ashton Kutcher in that Nikon commerical

CornUponCob

Oct 3, 2001
I'm going on a ~ 2 week cross country trip with my uncle. We're driving from Atl to Seattle, WA (well, Seattle area) and from what I hear the car is packed (with shit he's moving out there). I also have to fly my stuff back. He's moving from Germany to WA, but had a car delivered to the states that came in at Baltimore. (if you're wondering why we're driving out there in a car full of stuff).

The car only has "small pockets" of room available... grocery bag size, but I can't fly my stuff back in grocery bags either. Perhaps I'll buy a suitcase when I'm out there.

In one (non-camera) backpack I have my 2 bodies, 10-22, 85 1.2, and 100-300 f4. Leaving the 135 f2 and 17-50 2.8 at home 2 CP filters, and a mini-tripod... I don't think I'll have room for my big tripod anywhere. That's going to suck.

Whatever, I just wanted to make a joke about packing only camera shit and leaving my clothes behind.

Last edited:

Deleted member 50048

I'm going on a ~ 2 week cross country trip with my uncle. We're driving from Atl to Seattle, WA (well, Seattle area) and from what I hear the car is packed (with shit he's moving out there). I also have to fly my stuff back. He's moving from Germany to WA, but had a car delivered to the states that came in at Baltimore. (if you're wondering why we're driving out there in a car full of stuff).

The car only has "small pockets" of room available... grocery bag size, but I can't fly my stuff back in grocery bags either. Perhaps I'll buy a suitcase when I'm out there.

In one (non-camera) backpack I have my 2 bodies, 10-22, 85 1.2, and 100-300 f4. Leaving the 135 f2 and 17-50 2.8 at home 2 CP filters, and a mini-tripod... I don't think I'll have room for my big tripod anywhere. That's going to suck.

Whatever, I just wanted to make a joke about packing only camera shit and leaving my clothes behind.
get a smaller tripod. you will regret it if you don't take one.

Gerbonium

OT Supporter
Jun 19, 2004
Greenville, SC
:wtf: Two weeks? You guys walking?

lol :werd: ive done 4 trips across country and will be making another one at the end of the month in my camaro packed with stuff to the brim. it only takes like 4-5 days unless u stop at every local tourist attraction there is

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
lol :werd: ive done 4 trips across country and will be making another one at the end of the month in my camaro packed with stuff to the brim. it only takes like 4-5 days unless u stop at every local tourist attraction there is

My buddy drove straight from San Francisco to Atlanta all in one go, no stopping. He was home on leave before he went to Kuwait. :wtc:

Took him 37 hours. :eek3: Straight. :eek3::eek3:

Deleted member 50048

My buddy drove straight from San Francisco to Atlanta all in one go, no stopping. He was home on leave before he went to Kuwait. :wtc:

Took him 37 hours. :eek3: Straight. :eek3::eek3:

sucks that they dropped him off in SF if he lives in GA

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
sucks that they dropped him off in SF if he lives in GA

He had a pretty awesome job for the Coast Guard working on Treasure Island. He wasn't complaining. I had a shit load of fun when I went out there. He drove out there in two days - stopping in Arizona for a night.

TS
TS
CornUponCob

CornUponCob

Oct 3, 2001
I'm in Ft Worth TX right now. Spent last night here. Spent the night before that in Shreveport, LA. Tomorrow night I'll be in Carlsbad New Mexico. Night after that Phoneix, and after that, Vegas. We haven't planned out the rest of the trip after Vegas. I also haven't really taken many pictures yet. Took a few in downtown Ft. Worth (at the stockyards mostly) and that's it. I'll take far more as I go on.

On a side note, TYR used one of my pictures on their front page. It's the 2nd from the top on the right (guy with the fist in the air). Not like I'm really surprised... they paid me good money to take those pictures, but it's always "nice" to see your stuff used.

http://www.tyr.com/shop/

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan