GUN OK Gun Crew... where should I move?

pimpofthenation

OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
A2
So I'm going to be getting laid off in a week or so... It might be for 2 weeks, it might be for 3 months. I'm using the opportunity to look at other places to live. I'm looking to move somewhere where I can enjoy outdoor activities more often (snowboarding, camping, hiking, climbing, etc)... but keeping my guns and carrying concealed are part of the equation as well.

So I basically don't want to end up in Commiefornia.

Utah? Colorado? Washington?

Sardaukar

OT Supporter
May 3, 2005
So I'm going to be getting laid off in a week or so... It might be for 2 weeks, it might be for 3 months. I'm using the opportunity to look at other places to live. I'm looking to move somewhere where I can enjoy outdoor activities more often (snowboarding, camping, hiking, climbing, etc)... but keeping my guns and carrying concealed are part of the equation as well.

So I basically don't want to end up in Commiefornia.

Utah? Colorado? Washington?

Is your crazy coworker the last man standing? :mamoru: I say move to Texas. That's my destination.

kellyclan

She only loves you when she's drunk.
May 16, 2001
Colorado is good if you like a range of winter and summer outdoors.

They're pretty gun friendly outside of Denver and Boulder, but they're taking on a lot of deadweight from CA, so things may sway there in the next decade or so.

TS
TS
pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation

OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
A2
Colorado is good if you like a range of winter and summer outdoors.

They're pretty gun friendly outside of Denver and Boulder, but they're taking on a lot of deadweight from CA, so things may sway there in the next decade or so.

Colorado is my primary choice based on outdoor activities... what's going on in Denver and Boulder that makes them unfriendly towards gun owners?

TS
TS
pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation

OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
A2
Is your crazy coworker the last man standing? :mamoru: I say move to Texas. That's my destination.
Interestingly enough... he's one of a few people who are only being laid off for 2 weeks, confirmed.... Most of us got letters indicating that it could be until late March (but probably not).

EVERYBODY is scratching their heads like :wtf: why is HE only getting 2 weeks and several other good (not crazy) dispatchers are getting laid off for possibly 3 months....

PS. I updated that thread today

Wave

Carlos Spicy Weiner
Mar 21, 2000
Seattle, WA
Washington if you want outdoor activities. West side of the cascades if you like more mountain type (hiking, biking, snowboarding etc) activities.

Gunwise the pluses are: Shall issue, generally few/easy to follow CCW laws (none of the "if the resturant makes more than 51% from booze then no carry crap"), lots of places to shoot etc.

The minus are that it's not an NFA state. So if you're into machine guns/SBR etc... you're out of luck here.

TS
TS
pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation

OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
A2
where you work?
I'm a dispatcher at a trucking company in the Detroit area... we're very closely tied in with domestic auto manufacturing. With the majority of the auto plants shutting down for anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months... my job follows suit :hs:

JaimeZX

Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew
Nov 7, 2005
Back in VA
I guess Washington doesn't sound too bad. Colorado could be the winrar. Also, Arizona. I love TX but not much in the way of snow sports here. :sad2:

kellyclan

She only loves you when she's drunk.
May 16, 2001
Colorado is my primary choice based on outdoor activities... what's going on in Denver and Boulder that makes them unfriendly towards gun owners?

Hippies.

Denver has its own home rule restrictions on AW, open carry, etc that the state has been trying to strike down but last I knew, still stands. Boulder is just a lot of latte sipping :greddy:

Colorado Springs is regularly voted among the best cities in the US to live/work in, I would look around there.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan