ART Okay, tablets are the future.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
Oh, it won't replace a work computer by any means, but my netbook is officially for sale now.
:h5: i did the same. and even a laptop -- i have one, but i never use it anymore. I prefer to do all my work on a desktop, and realized that all i ever did on my laptop is...browse/read blogs/facebook....

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
DELIVERY ESTIMATE: 4-6 WEEKS

:mamoru:

did oyu have the original? with as much iphone/ipod whoring you do, i thoguth you would :o

no, didn't have the original. wanted to wait for one w/ camera, sleeker design, etc.

I'll be buying it when they're available in the stores. not in a rush.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
i got lucky and scored mine off CL for $3 more than retail ($550 vs $499 +tax = $447)

sold my 32g first gen wifi for 400

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
i got lucky and scored mine off CL for $3 more than retail ($550 vs $499 +tax = $447)

sold my 32g first gen wifi for 400

nice! :bigthumb:

the main reason I want one is because I'm tired of using my laptop to meet clients with. Want to have the iPad + Portfolio app to make my life easier. And for my wife and kid to leave me alone about borrowing my phone to play Angry Birds. :mamoru:

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
no, didn't have the original. wanted to wait for one w/ camera, sleeker design, etc.

I'll be buying it when they're available in the stores. not in a rush.
the cameras suck on the ipad2 :(

it does 720p movie, so it's fine for that, but for photos the rear camera is probably on par with the iPhone 3G :(

still cool though.

having had both, i'd say if someone already had a first gen it's not worth the upgrade. I just need a writeoff, plus i like having cool new stuff :hs:

the only "tangible" things i like about the new one is the thinner, curved back design -- no sharp 90deg edges, so it feels better in the hand, the HDMI out, and the new processor = faster operation and browsing, but i don't notice it _that_ much.

i went down from a 32G to a 16g because i never even got close to filling up the 32g -- i just stream everything online or over airvideo if im at home and want to watch a movie over my network off my desktop or NAS.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
nice! :bigthumb:

the main reason I want one is because I'm tired of using my laptop to meet clients with. Want to have the iPad + Portfolio app to make my life easier. And for my wife and kid to leave me alone about borrowing my phone to play Angry Birds. :mamoru:

it's good for model releases (and i assume contracts) too, i remember someone posting about zosh:

TS
TS
FryingPan

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
the xoom is such a POS :rofl:

I like it quite a bit so far. Fired it up, put in my google account, all of my apps are downloaded and ready within 5 minutes- all in the Best Buy parking lot. Wifi model has GPS, which is nice, and the performance seems to be just fine for what I'm using it for.

Most importantly, it has flash, so I can just fire up my website (or anything else) and slide it across the table for someone to look at. Say what you will about flash, but there are holes in the browsing experience without it.

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
I think I have a learning disability at middle age. I read it as "Okay, tables are furniture."

I thought it was another of the chair series threads. :(

Ty Webb

You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia
Dec 17, 2004
Bushwood Country Club
posted from my Motorola Xoom. :bowdown:

I like it quite a bit so far. Fired it up, put in my google account, all of my apps are downloaded and ready within 5 minutes- all in the Best Buy parking lot. Wifi model has GPS, which is nice, and the performance seems to be just fine for what I'm using it for.

Most importantly, it has flash, so I can just fire up my website (or anything else) and slide it across the table for someone to look at. Say what you will about flash, but there are holes in the browsing experience without it.

I fucking love my Xoom.

the xoom is such a POS :rofl:

You're probably too poor to have one. :mamoru: so you talk shit like every other apple nutbag sucker on the planet that's never even USED a Xoom.
Faggot.

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
We want to set up an entire living room the next time we do something like that. :rofl:

I think that's brilliant.

When I saw DJ Shadow and Cut Chemist, they just randomly set up a den, and started drinking wine and playing chess in the middle of their set on stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor