Old man's HEMI

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by AlbinoMuntjac, Dec 24, 2003.

1. AlbinoMuntjac

AlbinoMuntjac New Member

It's an 03 1500 Dodge Hemi SLT 2WD, Sport Appearance Group (body color bumpers, fascia, grille, and molding), with 17" x 8" Machined Cast Aluminum Wheels. It's been dropped 2 and 4 with DJM lower control arms up front and Belltech springs out back. It's got a K&N drop in and an AirRaid Modular Intake Tube (pipe from the air box to the TB). The truck also has a remote oil filter setup on the frame rail just below the radiator. It also has a color matched lid. The stock exhaust was replaced with a Flowmaster catback and the tips were somewhat "hidden" and painted black also to blend in better (too many trucks of all makes around here with bigass tips hanging out under the bumper). The truck has also been debadged with the exception of the ram on the hood. He's also painted the ram head on the wheel center cap black to match, but I haven't taken a pic of that yet. Next up is a set of headers, as soon as some of the manufacturers start making some. Leave some feedback if you'd like. Thanks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

sweet dude. im liking the new dodges. Still prefer my previous body style dodge

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

what, no 20"s?? :weaksauce:

still a damn nice truck.

4. AlbinoMuntjac

AlbinoMuntjac New Member

He's looking for new ones now, but he's 50 and not much into "bling bling" and i have to agree, at least for this truck. Why spend an entire day debadging and actually ordering the truck with no chrome just to get huge gaudy-ass 20 chrome wheels??

5. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

:werd: New Ram body style = :greddy:

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

well true, I can understand that. Still, those 17" stockers look out of place on a debadged, clean, moderately lowered truck.

7. Chi_Town_GoD

Chi_Town_GoD Guest

i like it a lot... needs a few more go mods, and its all set ;)

8. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

Cant wait for the next Dakota RT with the Hemi.... As long as it doesnt look like a mini van, il prolly buy one.

9. AlbinoMuntjac

AlbinoMuntjac New Member

Oh, I completely agree. He's a real pickyass when it comes to his truck. I'm sure it'll take a little while to find a set, but he will. It'd be nice to find a set of 20's that aren't all chrome and shit. It seems as soon as you hit that magical number, the amount of subtle wheels goes way the hell down.

10. joe_himself

joe_himself Yumm

there are alot of sets of headers out there,

www.krcperformance.com has some goodies you may wanna check out,

nice truck too,

11. AlbinoMuntjac

AlbinoMuntjac New Member

Thanks for the link, but those JBA's are the only header out there right now and they aren't all that nice and a bit overpriced. They have a tinyass tube (1 5/8") and collector size.

12. BlazinBlazer Guy

20" = the number "bling" -- I would say 80-90% of rims that size or larger are marketed to the luxury SUV crowd, most of whom want the chrome.

actually I think these right here (20x8.5 AmericanRacing TorqThrust ST Series 104's) would really set the truck off.... but I dont know if they're in the right fitment for the RAMs.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2004
  13. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Hemi will be my next vehicle. My boss just got an 04 Hemi fully loaded.. fawkin' gorgeous truck, and drives sooooo ... like a truck. :) I love it. Also just got Flow 40's on.. Sounds fucking beautiful.

14. xxpanipuri

xxpanipuri Gideeyup Motherfuckers....

that looks nice :big grin:

15. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

That's damn sweet right there. I think those TT's above would look even better on them - but the 17"s look good too.

16. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderador® Super Moderator

I didn't like the new Ram when it debuted, but since then it's really grown on me. To the point that the previous Rams look... well, old and somewhat bland.

My friend had a new Ram the first year of the redesign, and I drove it occasionally, they really are nice trucks, and the interior is vastly better. If I was in the market for a truck, a Ram with the Hemi V8 would probably be at the top of my list.

17. AlbinoMuntjac

AlbinoMuntjac New Member

Since we had crummy weather all last week, my dad "borrowed" a center cap from another ram and decided to see what it would look like painted. He painted everything that wasn't part of the ram black, so now the ram's head and horns are just the silver and really stand out. He liked it so much, he did it to all 4 of his, clearcoated, and slapped them back on. It jazzes it up a little until he settles on wheels. I took pics, but I have to get them developed first. When I do, I'll share.

18. Wizza

Wizza Guest

I have gotten pretty used to my Hemi...
    its a 03 4X4 quad cab...got a few toys to it but am real bummed that Kenne Bell is not publically releasing its SC for it...that would be sweet...