TECH OLED Crew: Panasonic News

HUGE

R.I.P @🔥🔥🔥KAREN🔥🔥🔥
OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
CLIFFS:

1. Panasonic has new proprietary tech that cools OLED which allows it to be ~30% brighter than the LG CX series without shortening lifespan, which LG is implementing into it's 2021 models.
  2. Value Electronics cut a deal with Panasonic to be the exclusive importer of their OLED TVs in the US, which rival the Sony Master Series.
  3. The drawback is that they're crazy expensive right now.

If you're in to TV news, I highly recommend subbing to this guy.

Reactions: Bugalu and Pogi

onyourchin

Aug 31, 2007
SF
Not sure I'd say I'm dissatisfied with the brightness of my LG oled :dunno:

I'd rather the prices for 70-85" to come down to more sane levels

Reactions: HUGE

ssabripo

Aug 27, 2002
Ultras Sur™
Not sure I'd say I'm dissatisfied with the brightness of my LG oled :dunno:

I'd rather the prices for 70-85" to come down to more sane levels
I'm getting a 77" CX in a month once I move into my place.... they can be had for $3500.

I'll wait a couple of years before I dump $$ on these new panels, and hopefully their prices will have settled by then

onyourchin

Aug 31, 2007
SF
I'm getting a 77" CX in a month once I move into my place.... they can be had for $3500.

I'll wait a couple of years before I dump $$ on these new panels, and hopefully their prices will have settled by then
I've had a 65 I've been happy with for the past 2 years, and eyeing an upgrade to something closer to 80-85 when we move into a bigger place in a year or so. Might entertain non-oled if the picture quality is close enough but half the price of oled

Vanilla Tarantino

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Bay Area
I'm still rocking a 2014 Samsung plasma TV. Love it. I'm hoping it keeps going strong for another 5 years or so to let these OLED technologies mature and come down in price.

TS
TS
HUGE

HUGE

R.I.P @🔥🔥🔥KAREN🔥🔥🔥
OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004

It's frequently $3100 FYI.

TS
TS
HUGE

HUGE

R.I.P @🔥🔥🔥KAREN🔥🔥🔥
OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I'm still rocking a 2014 Samsung plasma TV. Love it. I'm hoping it keeps going strong for another 5 years or so to let these OLED technologies mature and come down in price.

QD OLED then QNED are the future.

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
OH GOD MY ADD!!!

qxjV50.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BlasterMaster

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan