GUN Once again MD shows us why CCW/OC is a great idea

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hsmith, Apr 14, 2007.

1. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

http://www.examiner.com/a-671643~High_court__Dawsons_can_t_sue_Baltimore.html

MD Family is murdered by drug dealers, the police provided no protection. Once again the courts rule police are under no obligation to protect people.

Apparently there are some 42 court precedents now where the courts rule the police don't need to protect you.

I guess the liberals in MD think pixie dust will stop you from being a victim :mamoru:

2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

If I had kids, and lived in a high traffic drug area that the police wouldnt patrol, my ass would have been long gone after about 3 months.

3. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

Hopefully people will realize that the only one responsible for their safety is themselves.

4. spankaveli

spankaveli Well-Known Member

politicians say that you don't need guns because you have police
    courts say police don't have to protect you

and people wonder we carry :rofl:

5. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

We just had a murder/suicide here in Carson. Some guy met his ex wife at the local strip mall at lunchtime, pulled out a 357 and chased her down the sidewalk shooting at her in front of the Blockbuster, past Subway, around the corner through the 7-11 parking lot and finally hit her in the back. Then walked up calmly, shot her in the head and shot himself in the face.

He chased her past 3 stores full of people, through a parking lot full of people and no one had a gun on them to stop him.

6. If you had kids and lived in the shitty part of Baltimore you wouldn't be able to afford to just get up and leave.

Edit: also bullets don't put out fires, firemen do. I guess they could have shot the people BEFORE they set the house on fire but its common place for drug dealers to do that. Or just drive by with molotov cocktails.

7. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

I realize the context of handguns in this argument, the argument is that police are under no obligation to protect you.

8. spankaveli

spankaveli Well-Known Member

molotov cocktails are destructive devices. you can't get those without going through the atf. no way a criminal would ever use that.