FIT One-legged routine input needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
I'll be unable to bear weight on my right leg for 6 weeks after surgery, so I'm trying to get together some sort of routine that I can do with that limitation. I'm going under the assumption that I wont be able to put the foot on the ground (nor would I want to at the gym after having surgery :rofl:)

I'm thinking of just a regular body part per day split and this is what I have so far:

Legs: ???...need some ideas here especially to try and keep the right leg from atrophying too much

Chest: BB decline, BB flat (legs in air), not sure if BB incline will be doable without putting my feet on the ground, dips, fly's

Back: chest-supported rows

Arms: seated DB curls, seated preacher curls, most tricep work with pulleys should be ok balancing on one leg, lying BB skullcrushers

Shoulders: seated laterals, seated DB shrugs

Last edited:

Hood Moses

Halogen boi
Oct 4, 2001
NC
Single Leg Press, Pistols (if youre able to), Leg Extensions, Leg Curls

Back: Rows, Pulldowns/Pullups etc

Bacchus

Skinny Guy
Mar 18, 2009
T.dot
1L SLRDL is a great exercise - but im not sure it's a good idea to do that for six weeks. you'll be pretty imbalanced.

paging ceaze?

TS
TS
hootpie

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Unilateral work will help with recovery.

I remember Ceaze posting an pubmed study about this. I'm worried about working my left leg because it's already stronger/bigger and I don't want to exacerbate the imbalance.

Hell, I think I'd rather let the left leg atrophy while doing very minimal stuff with the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan