SRS One of my close friends died yesterday

FBI-SS

drink more water
OT Supporter
Dec 21, 2004
All I can think about is his children, he always had them with him. He was the breadwinner and one of them was in an out of the hospital with heart deformities all his life.

Fuck, idk what to even think or do, we talked damn near daily. I only talk to @crotch and my wife ( @mollywhop ) as much as I did with him

I’m trying to figure out a way to help his family out without bothering his wife too much today :wtc:

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
damn sorry bro

maybe make sure theyre taken care of food-wise for a while? idk how to help other than actually being there, if they're open to it

Reactions: xivera and flip24

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

Everyone processes grief differently. Some feel as if reaching out is going to be perceived as a bother when it's so fresh, but by your being his friend and checking in on her, even if it feels like intrusion to you, will likely be remembered very fondly by her. Even if she can't respond, she'll know that you're there. If you want to share, we're here to listen. :(

Reactions: FBI-SS and flip24

SickOfItAll

The Bartender
Jul 31, 2001
Houston, TX
damn sorry bro

maybe make sure theyre taken care of food-wise for a while? idk how to help other than actually being there, if they're open to it
I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

Everyone processes grief differently. Some feel as if reaching out is going to be perceived as a bother when it's so fresh, but by your being his friend and checking in on her, even if it feels like intrusion to you, will likely be remembered very fondly by her. Even if she can't respond, she'll know that you're there. If you want to share, we're here to listen. :(
Both of these.

Reach out and offer condolences, and ask his wife if you can help in any way. Make a specific offer to drop off food (either meals they can eat immediately, or prepared foods that just need to be reheated) - it's easy to let grief take over mundane functions like cooking and eating. If there are other regular chores that might need doing, see if you can support them there as well - hire a cleaning service to come through, lawn care, the little things that can pile up and become overwhelming if not maintained.

TS
TS
FBI-SS

FBI-SS

drink more water
OT Supporter
Dec 21, 2004
damn sorry bro

I just moved 15 hours away this month. I was going to see him next week and help him open up a store.

We legit had plans damn near every day to better our situations

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
All I can think about is his children, he always had them with him. He was the breadwinner and one of them was in an out of the hospital with heart deformities all his life.

Fuck, idk what to even think or do, we talked damn near daily. I only talk to @crotch and my wife ( @mollywhop ) as much as I did with him

I’m trying to figure out a way to help his family out without bothering his wife too much today :wtc:
bring food by, offer to schedule a time to clean the house for her, help with the basics that are really hard when you're grieving

Reactions: FBI-SS

SickOfItAll

The Bartender
Jul 31, 2001
Houston, TX
Childcare might also be a big one to try to cover/arrange, while his wife and family manage his affairs. I don't know how many kids they had, or how much local support they have, but if she's doing this on her own that will be a hell of a lot on her plate.

Mercedes

IZLAM hummus king
Feb 14, 2003
Orlando FL
Sorry for your loss man.

I've only had a few friends pass and its just fucking awful.

Buddy was in my wedding and passed away 2 weeks later in a bike crash.

Recently my friends brother just died on a bike, was in his 20's and had a kid too :wtc:

Life is short my friends.
Did you sell yours yet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza