CAR One of the best things about owning a car for almost 20 years, outside of no car payments, is $0 fixes like this

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
Mine wasn't completely broke, just took like 20-40 pushes to get it open, but yeah being able to do things like this and not be concerned about resale value because it's pretty close to none. :coold:

TimzSI

#KeepFightingMichael
Oct 3, 2001
Zenadu
And insurance

And registration

Etc etc
Of course but you can not register a car and lower to the insurance to zero but you can never truly own because of the yearly tax.

I have 3 cars; 01 boxster, 04 MDX and 14 MDX. I think I can go ten years without needing anything newer. Hopefully. Gonna enjoy watching the tax drop. Hopefully. :rofl:

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Of course but you can not register a car and lower to the insurance to zero but you can never truly own because of the yearly tax.

I have 3 cars; 01 boxster, 04 MDX and 14 MDX. I think I can go ten years without needing anything newer. Hopefully. Gonna enjoy watching the tax drop. Hopefully. :rofl:
Oh, I thought you meant one time sales tax on purchase. We pay annual registration fees here, part of which is based on the cars value. There are ways to unregister it temporarily tho.

Reactions: TimzSI
TS
TS
zizi

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
And insurance

And registration

Etc etc
Crazy thing is full coverage insurance on my 2003 Civic Econobox was more expensive than on my 2019 Honda Pilot so I just switched the Civic to liability since it's probably only worth like $500-$1k.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman