Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
That one had been high on my list for a while now

Reactions: Faithless

skeletor25rs

Yetis & Deer
Jan 26, 2001
NBTX
@Jinx the woman, during COVID, bought a fancy jacket pattern from some big name designer who sold his pattern. So I ended up helping making jackets for two years. It's actually pretty fun. I actually helped her revise the pattern to fit her better. :o

Does that make me gay?

Oh it was Reese Cooper who sold the pattern. :dunno:

You don’t have your own sewing machine? :scootin:

Reactions: Faithless

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana

i really want to make these, too

Reactions: Downset

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
@Jinx the woman, during COVID, bought a fancy jacket pattern from some big name designer who sold his pattern. So I ended up helping making jackets for two years. It's actually pretty fun. I actually helped her revise the pattern to fit her better. :o

Does that make me gay?

Oh it was Reese Cooper who sold the pattern. :dunno:
hell no, it sounds like fun :big grin:

• Love
Reactions: Normie
May 8, 2001
Colorado

I want these

• Love
Reactions: Jinx

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)

any of these patterns stand out? i'm debating which one i want to try. :o
Gonna have to look on my desktop, way too small to tell on my phone without opening each one

However ... How much would you charge me to make me a linen hoodie or three?

*edit* willing to include bannings, details to be ironed out (pun intended)
:x:

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
Gonna have to look on my desktop, way too small to tell on my phone without opening each one

However ... How much would you charge me to make me a linen hoodie or three? :x:
probably like $60-70 each, depending on how long they would take to make. i don't have my sewing room set up right now, though. i could probably hook you up with someone up there who could make them if you're serious.

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
probably like $60-70 each, depending on how long they would take to make. i don't have my sewing room set up right now, though. i could probably hook you up with someone up there who could make them if you're serious.
Very, and I'd be willing to buy fabric as well. I just can't find what I want. And being tall and fat makes it even harder. Or, if there is something, they use the thinnest linen and it's see through, which I don't want.

I had one that I wore probably once a week for 20 years and I still miss it :wtc: I still have a linen skirt I got 30ish years ago and it's still holding bright colors and not worn through (it was a thicker weave than the hoodie and I don't wear it as often).

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
Very, and I'd be willing to buy fabric as well. I just can't find what I want. And being tall and fat makes it even harder. Or, if there is something, they use the thinnest linen and it's see through, which I don't want.

I had one that I wore probably once a week for 20 years and I still miss it :wtc: I still have a linen skirt I got 30ish years ago and it's still holding bright colors and not worn through (it was a thicker weave than the hoodie and I don't wear it as often).
linen is the best. it just feels so damned good. i'll poke around and see who i can find up there to get you in touch with.
Also, did you see the edit :p
lol no :mamoru:

Reactions: 12xalt

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
linen is the best. it just feels so damned good. i'll poke around and see who i can find up there to get you in touch with.

lol no :mamoru:
I don't want to under pay anyone, but I also don't want to spend a fortune either. But if I knew I was gonna get the right thing, then spending more for quality that meets my needs makes sense.

Would still include some banning options if you hook me up, they just wouldn't be as generous if I'm not getting @Jinx exclusives :p

• Haha

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter

However ... How much would you charge me to make me a linen hoodie or three?

*edit* willing to include bannings, details to be ironed out (pun intended)
:x:
Fuck, what kind of hoodie? Me and the woman can make them. I need to ban @Chuck Finley

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
I don't want to under pay anyone, but I also don't want to spend a fortune either. But if I knew I was gonna get the right thing, then spending more for quality that meets my needs makes sense.

Would still include some banning options if you hook me up, they just wouldn't be as generous if I'm not getting @Jinx exclusives :p
i feel you. the people i know who sew are all larper/larp adjacent, and that's roughly the cost for a basic tunic, so i don't imagine they'd go much higher than that. :)

• Love
Reactions: 12xalt

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter

Send me a pattern you like and some measurements. I'll get the woman involved and see what we can do for you.

TS
TS
Faithless

Faithless

щ(゚Д゚щ)
Feb 11, 2001
Houston, TX

Once i discovered Turkish towels, it was over for me

• Love

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds