OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Hot flashes fucking suck :wtc:

:hug:

:eek3:

North Bend WA or OR

I have cousins in the WA one that are selling and moving to ID, would be hilarious if they'd bought their house :rofl:
North Bend, OR. :eek3:

It's close *enough* to my parents in Reno. I've been shopping now and just found a goddamn bay front house for a surprisingly low number. :rofl:

• Wow
Reactions: Colleen

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
In other news. Went to the doctor with my sdad today. Cancer spread, they can’t do surgery but he’s reacting well to the medication he’s on. Looks like it’s going to be 3 month visits and shots until they stop working and then radiation. I think he’s more scared than he wants to admit because when we got out he wanted me to explain a few things. He’s such a good guy. Stupid war! 😡

*exposure to agent orange. They are going to test for exposure to other agents.

Last edited:

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
I'm jumping on the under the desk treadmill wagon. Fiancé is putting together one of those rising desks for me now and walking pad comes any day now :hsd:
I want one. Plz review 🤞🏼

Reactions: 2397

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
In other news. Went to the doctor with my sdad today. Cancer spread, they can’t do surgery but he’s reacting well to the medication he’s on. Looks like it’s going to be 3 month visits and shots until they stop working and then radiation. I think he’s more scared than he wants to admit because when we got out he wanted me to explain a few things. He’s such a good guy. Stupid war! 😡

I don't think I knew your dad was sick. Sorry girl :hug: it's been the worst watching my parents have health issues.

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
I'm jumping on the under the desk treadmill wagon. Fiancé is putting together one of those rising desks for me now and walking pad comes any day now :hsd:
I tracked my steps working the other day and I was almost 20k :rofl: if I didn't eat ice cream every day I'd probably be a stick.

Reactions: 2397

D_Nice

Super-Moderator
Super Moderator
Feb 2, 2001
houston

My mom starts radiation tomorrow. Third time battling cancer.

MissKitty

If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum'
OT Supporter
Jun 21, 2004
Dingoland
We have had this conversation before, and the last few pages should be a good reminder. I don’t antagonize you and can’t control how you feel. I can say, I don’t go out of my way. I don’t talk to a lot of people. I’m flattered you care, but you really shouldn’t.
Well shit. I don't know what I expected, but I didn't expect such a belittling response as this one.
You converse with many users, especially several OP, so that's a BS excuse, but hey, you do you honey. At least now I know the issue is yours and not mine.

At least I know to actually not bother trying to interact with you at all going forward.

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
Well shit. I don't know what I expected, but I didn't expect such a belittling response as this one.
You converse with many users, especially several OP, so that's a BS excuse, but hey, you do you honey. At least now I know the issue is yours and not mine.

At least I know to actually not bother trying to interact with you at all going forward.

Today was national hot dog day
😂

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

Oh, dear. I'm so sorry. Just. Fuck cancer. :hug:

I'm awaiting my BFF from Australia and her son coming back. Her Dad was diagnosed with stage IV brain cancer in 2019, and back in March, they thought he was going into hospice but she convinced him to have the surgery so she flew over the earliest second she could once AUS decided travel to the US was back on.

She's coming back in a week or so. With her son this time. It's time. She'll have lost her Mom at 47 and Dad at 62. :hs:

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory

My mom starts radiation tomorrow. Third time battling cancer.
:hug: I’m so sorry to hear! Breast? My mom went through that. Are you close by her? I’m sure she would LOVE some ice cream my mom did.
Let me know if you need to talk

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
Where around there do you recommend living? Bend or otherwise.
depends on things

if I had a work from home job, I'd be living on the southern WA coast (or within a half hour or so of it), or in the Hood River area in the Columbia River Gorge (where it's still green, go much past it and it gets brown)

OR has income tax, but no sales tax. WA has sales tax, but no income tax.

Both have high costs of living, though OR is still lower than WA in the metro areas. I live in Vancouver right across the bridge from Portland. I loved living in Portland when I was younger. I hated living near Seattle when I was younger.

Both coasts are much cooler in the summer, and not as cold in the winter. But they are all small towns/cities. Stuff rusts there because of the salt spray.

Along the I5 corridor is pretty nice the entirety of both states IMO, it's a very fertile valley. Most of it has a great climate imo, only really humid in the summer every great once in a while, and it only snows once in a while. You have the coast to the west with easy access, you have the Cascade Mountains to the east with easy access.

Most everything east of the cascades is high desert and hot in the summer and cold in the winter, and very brown.

Reactions: 8legs and hootpie

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
Oh, dear. I'm so sorry. Just. Fuck cancer. :hug:

I'm awaiting my BFF from Australia and her son coming back. Her Dad was diagnosed with stage IV brain cancer in 2019, and back in March, they thought he was going into hospice but she convinced him to have the surgery so she flew over the earliest second she could once AUS decided travel to the US was back on.

She's coming back in a week or so. With her son this time. It's time. She'll have lost her Mom at 47 and Dad at 62. :hs:
That’s so young! I know 62 sounds old, but it’s not.

I saw you talk about menopause. My mom swore her breast cancer was from hormone replacement/therapy. I don’t know if that’s something you will consider but I’ll look up what she took. She could have just been looking for something to blame. I just don’t want anything to happen to you or @12xalt

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

I saw you talk about menopause. My mom swore her breast cancer was from hormone replacement/therapy. I don’t know if that’s something you will consider but I’ll look up what she took. She could have just been looking for something to blame. I just don’t want anything to happen to you or @12xalt
Thank you for keeping an eye out. :hug:

• Support
Reactions: 12xalt and kitty

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
North Bend, OR. :eek3:

It's close *enough* to my parents in Reno. I've been shopping now and just found a goddamn bay front house for a surprisingly low number. :rofl:
woah

close to the redwoods :bowdown:

and if anyone likes golf, the courses at Bandon are some of the highest ranked public courses in the US (or they were a few years back)

there are some great horse camps and trails down there too

watch out for bears and elk :cool:

it is small town hickville though, closest city is Eugene (land of dirty smelly hippies :p )

far enough south though so not completely swarmed with tourists in the summer, anywhere from Florence north summers clog the roads during the summer

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
woah

close to the redwoods :bowdown:

and if anyone likes golf, the courses at Bandon are some of the highest ranked public courses in the US (or they were a few years back)

there are some great horse camps and trails down there too

watch out for bears and elk :cool:

it is small town hickville though, closest city is Eugene (land of dirty smelly hippies :p )

far enough south though so not completely swarmed with tourists in the summer, anywhere from Florence north summers clog the roads during the summer
We have family already in North Bend & Coos Bay.

Truth be told, I started looking casually, but I really do think being near my parents as they hit mid-70s is our best plan. :hug:

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001

pretty sure I'll just let the hair grow and turn into a old boy

just had my boob squish and all is :bigthumb: I was told that my reduction 20 years ago will help reduce my risk of breast cancer :x:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds