OP only thread... periods and other yucky stuff inside **BEWARE**

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Probably about as good an early prognosis as we could have hoped for. Small mass in the lung, no spread. 5 or 6 hits of radiation then reevaluate. First time trying out lung cancer. She's done a good job of mixing it up with different types.
That's horrible, I'm so sorry :hug:

Do you all have a good system set up for support for everyone? (Yourself included)

calisteph6

May 5, 2005
KRAPROOM
Olaplex is overpriced trash

This stuff is great

I like Giovanni too but I use the eco line. It’s super cheap. I use other stuff for styling. A mix depending on what I feel like. Mostly bumble, Kenra and oribe. I don’t really like expensive shampoos. I find they don’t do much for me tbh.

Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Why does he want to sell it? :confused:

I may not be a subaru bro, but that would be a great car for out here. Get some all terrain tires, enjoy the coastal mountain range.
I don’t know exactly, but probably just the ease of moving with fewer cars. I’m pretty pissed about him selling the STI.

So I upgraded (ie. bought another)my engagement ring. 😂

• Love
Reactions: kwhitelaw

D_Nice

Super-Moderator
Super Moderator
Feb 2, 2001
houston
That's horrible, I'm so sorry :hug:

Do you all have a good system set up for support for everyone? (Yourself included)
I think so. My wife and kid are there for my mom and she has my dad. And we have God to rely on, moreso for my wife and I than my mom.

• Support
Reactions: Colleen

D_Nice

Super-Moderator
Super Moderator
Feb 2, 2001
houston
:hug: I’m so sorry to hear! Breast? My mom went through that. Are you close by her? I’m sure she would LOVE some ice cream my mom did.
Let me know if you need to talk
Breast was the first one
Leiomyosarcoma was the second, which is a pretty rare one
This time it's lung cancer
She's on a pretty restrictive diet due to damage caused by the treatment for the first cancer. She's barely allowed liquids (~30 or so ounces), almost no salt, and a bunch of other banned foods.

We're definitely close. I just want her to grow old enough to watch my son grow up.

• Support
Reactions: kitty

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
I like Giovanni too but I use the eco line. It’s super cheap. I use other stuff for styling. A mix depending on what I feel like. Mostly bumble, Kenra and oribe. I don’t really like expensive shampoos. I find they don’t do much for me tbh.
Me too, just couldn’t find the white bottles on google tbh

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
In other news. Went to the doctor with my sdad today. Cancer spread, they can’t do surgery but he’s reacting well to the medication he’s on. Looks like it’s going to be 3 month visits and shots until they stop working and then radiation. I think he’s more scared than he wants to admit because when we got out he wanted me to explain a few things. He’s such a good guy. Stupid war! 😡

*exposure to agent orange. They are going to test for exposure to other agents.
WTF

FUCK CANCER

Reactions: kitty

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
jfc, second migraine in a month. i'm glad my doctor realized this was the time to finally get me a prescription for imitrex. i've had migraines over the years, but i haven't really felt like they needed to be medicated. i've had two that are medicine-level since i got the prescription with no real changes (that i can think of)

• Support
Reactions: kitty and kwhitelaw

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
jfc, second migraine in a month. i'm glad my doctor realized this was the time to finally get me a prescription for imitrex. i've had migraines over the years, but i haven't really felt like they needed to be medicated. i've had two that are medicine-level since i got the prescription with no real changes (that i can think of)
:hug:

• Support
Reactions: Jinx

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
wife gets them with aura, shit is debilitating and I hate I can't help

calisteph6

May 5, 2005
KRAPROOM
I’ve had them for 20 years. Mine are resistant to almost everything and it makes it harder since I have kidney disease I can’t take a lot of stuff. I’m trying Botox now. Imitrex works like 50% of the time.

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
wife gets them with aura, shit is debilitating and I hate I can't help
my husband gets really bad headaches, and he tries to help as much as he can... but it doesn't always help when i just need quiet and calm :hs:

I’ve had them for 20 years. Mine are resistant to almost everything and it makes it harder since I have kidney disease I can’t take a lot of stuff. I’m trying Botox now. Imitrex works like 50% of the time.
i've gotten them for a long time, but it's generally a lot more sparse. it feels like an odd coincidence that i've had two in the month that i've had the prescription, which is up from one every, like, three months

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Let me know how it goes for you. How many rounds in are you?

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
If they're frequent enough insurance can (will is another thing) cover migraine protocol botox. One treatment every 3 months means you're never not covered, so they don't even start. It changed my life so I now preach the gospel to other sufferers.
Good to know, definitely gonna tell her cause I've never heard her mention that as a potential option. Thank you :love:

Reactions: 8legs

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
my husband gets really bad headaches, and he tries to help as much as he can... but it doesn't always help when i just need quiet and calm :hs:

i've gotten them for a long time, but it's generally a lot more sparse. it feels like an odd coincidence that i've had two in the month that i've had the prescription, which is up from one every, like, three months
Yeah I'd never seen it before and it took a minute for me to reali.e that she was being truthful when she said to just leave her alone. Easy response was always to push back and try and be helpful but then I got it.

Reactions: Jinx

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
Yeah I'd never seen it before and it took a minute for me to reali.e that she was being truthful when she said to just leave her alone. Easy response was always to push back and try and be helpful but then I got it.
i always feel bad because he's generally got good suggestions when i'm dealing with stuff, so it's really hard for him :o and it's just one of the times that i have zero patience for it :hs:

• Support
Reactions: kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
i always feel bad because he's generally got good suggestions when i'm dealing with stuff, so it's really hard for him :o and it's just one of the times that i have zero patience for it :hs:
oh I get it.. poor guy, means well but sometimes leave me alone means literally that and you don't mean bad by it.

I just make sure there's a constant supply of double chocolate ice cream in the basement freezer she never even opens cause it's all my weird sous vide vacuum sealed shit. surprise her with that and all is well typically lol

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529