OP only thread... periods and other yucky stuff inside **BEWARE**

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
Start with a bralet or sports bra. That's the gateway garment to freedom. Heavy sweater in winter. Light cardigans over your top in summer. Be careful, it's addictive. ( o )( o )
Ever since my reduction, most bras irritate my scars. So I've been wearing super lightweight pullover bras ever since.

Can't wear heavy sweaters in winter unless I'm actually outside a lot in cold weather, and we have pretty mild winters here. I wore an actual sweater maybe twice this last winter.

And no to cardigans in the summer, I'm too fat for that shit and am already struggling trying to find light enough clothing in my size. For some reason clothing manufacturers think fat people need to wear polyester or rayon, when I want cotton weave or preferably linen.

• Support
Reactions: kitty

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Wife's been battling complex migraine w/aura for years. A couple years ago, she had it really bad where it was one long migraine with flares and it lasted about 2 months. Since then, it has been relatively stable (maybe once a month or so only) but the past week or so she's had one long ass migraine and episodes that knock her out of commission.

She's taking propranolol, magnesium, CoQ10, Feverfew, and has tried in the past:

Topomax, amitryptyline, duloxetine.

Those didn't work or had horrible side effects. Doctor just put her on Depakote.

I suspect none of this shit is going to work, and it's her hormones going all out of whack since they seem to be relative to her periods. Maybe the last time she had a huge episode her hormones changed a lot and it took her body a while to adjust. Maybe her body is going through another major hormonal change?

IDK but it's been pretty hard. I've been managing the household and other shit. She is miserable

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
Just random thoughts/feelings. Idk if anyone will relate. Reading the srs thread about death and I’m gobsmacked. I kinda forgot people drink and some drink a lot. :o I foolishly presume people are posting sober unless they say otherwise.

I bought a Schiaparelli hoody for a great price but have a weird buyers remorse. Like I should have bought dress or something. But I’ll wear the hoody more and the dress is more than I want to spend. *checks app to see if I’m pms’ing

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Just random thoughts/feelings. Idk if anyone will relate. Reading the srs thread about death and I’m gobsmacked. I kinda forgot people drink and some drink a lot. :o I foolishly presume people are posting sober unless they say otherwise.

I bought a Schiaparelli hoody for a great price but have a weird buyers remorse. Like I should have bought dress or something. But I’ll wear the hoody more and the dress is more than I want to spend. *checks app to see if I’m pms’ing
I'm sure more often than not people are sober when posting, as many still do it from work, and I'm sure it's only a few that drink while working.

Since I have an alcoholic roommate, I see each day what it's like. She never EVER drives when drinking. She also never misses work. But most nights she's stumble drunk, and on her days off...

I've no idea what that is you bought, but if you like it and will wear it, then no need for remorse

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe and kitty

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
I'm sure more often than not people are sober when posting, as many still do it from work, and I'm sure it's only a few that drink while working.

Since I have an alcoholic roommate, I see each day what it's like. She never EVER drives when drinking. She also never misses work. But most nights she's stumble drunk, and on her days off...

I've no idea what that is you bought, but if you like it and will wear it, then no need for remorse
I didn't know you lived with an alcoholic. It's a rollercoaster IMO. It's hard for me to be around people that over drink all the time. :o

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
I didn't know you lived with an alcoholic. It's a rollercoaster IMO. It's hard for me to be around people that over drink all the time. :o
I rent out three rooms in my house. Well, kinda. Two of them didn't start out as bedrooms but were converted. And one of the people trades work on my cars plus house projects for rent. All three are rally family. All three have their issues and why, as adults ranging from mid 30s to mid 50, are renting rooms instead of having their own places. I consider all 3 close friends.

But yeah, it can be hard. It hurts to see her hurting herself. I worry she's going to smack her head open. I worry one morning I'll find her floating in her pool (she brought home a white trash above ground pool and it's so nice to have in the summer).

One of the others is diabetic, but still drinks too much (not like she does though, his isn't daily). He'll also do shrooms. Sometimes both at the same time. I mix drugs too, so I suppose it's hypocritical of me to be upset when he does it. But I'm not at risk of falling into a coma either. He still eats take out for most meals (yes, I'm also obese, but no way could I do that, ugh). So yeah, always worried he's not gonna monitor his levels correctly.

:(

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Wife's been battling complex migraine w/aura for years. A couple years ago, she had it really bad where it was one long migraine with flares and it lasted about 2 months. Since then, it has been relatively stable (maybe once a month or so only) but the past week or so she's had one long ass migraine and episodes that knock her out of commission.

She's taking propranolol, magnesium, CoQ10, Feverfew, and has tried in the past:

Topomax, amitryptyline, duloxetine.

Those didn't work or had horrible side effects. Doctor just put her on Depakote.

I suspect none of this shit is going to work, and it's her hormones going all out of whack since they seem to be relative to her periods. Maybe the last time she had a huge episode her hormones changed a lot and it took her body a while to adjust. Maybe her body is going through another major hormonal change?

IDK but it's been pretty hard. I've been managing the household and other shit. She is miserable
Having an iud and later a different implant (both released hormone) in my arm was wonderful relief from some of my migraines. I was a multiple a week kind of girl, but could get away without one for a week sometimes. Occasionally had the week long one, though. Ugh. Your poor wife.

Finding a previously unknown food allergy shaved off another layer. So did eating protein and barely any carbs first thing in the morning.

I get auras, have food/flavoring triggers, smells &/or chemicals trigger them, bright or pinpoint light triggers, eye strain, lack of food or water, stress, hormones... Botox is expensive but it works vs trying to have medicine with me at all times inevitably means I won't have it every time. Botox has saved me from so many headaches - and I can tell because I still get the aura with some other body symptoms.

I've been thinking for years about getting the nerve dissection surgery. It doesn't always work, but I could go for years without migraines if it does.

nosaj

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
My Uncle was in town so had to do entertaining and stuff. About halfway through the Air Force Museum, I realized I forgot to put on a bra. :o
Fok, just realized I forgot to put one today too. FML! At least he's gone but I hope this doesn't become family reunion small talk.
Small talk :scootin:

kitty

OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
@12xalt i REALLY wish you quit putting yourself down over your looks and weight. Lizzo is full figured and imo hot and fun AF! If anyone talked to an OP the way you talk about yourself, you would ban them. I get insulting yourself so others can’t but it hurts to see you do it. You are one of the kindest people!
The way I see it, we are getting older so we have maybe 30-40 good years (being too old to walk doesn’t count) in us-assuming we dodge the viruses trying to kill us and mass shootings. So set the boobies free, fuck feeling fat, no one cares.

*this post sponsored by the four chocolate chip cookies I ate. I am the sugar queen 👸🏼

Edit: sorry, to rant but that was the main thing that stood out In your post. I read the rest but care about you more than them.

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
@12xalt i REALLY wish you quit putting yourself down over your looks and weight. Lizzo is full figured and imo hot and fun AF! If anyone talked to an OP the way you talk about yourself, you would ban them. I get insulting yourself so others can’t but it hurts to see you do it. You are one of the kindest people!
The way I see it, we are getting older so we have maybe 30-40 good years (being too old to walk doesn’t count) in us-assuming we dodge the viruses trying to kill us and mass shootings. So set the boobies free, fuck feeling fat, no one cares.

*this post sponsored by the four chocolate chip cookies I ate. I am the sugar queen 👸🏼

Edit: sorry, to rant but that was the main thing that stood out In your post. I read the rest but care about you more than them.
It's how I cope :hs: it's also easier than the basis behind it of my insane laziness and not knowing how to have motivation.

• Support
Reactions: Jinx and kitty

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana

I always forget how much people drink, too. I can't believe the amount of people in that thread talking about having a drink in his memory.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Fingers crossed

I just want energy again :o I tried going to the gym last week and passed out :rofl:
Please let me know if it helps you. I've been taking extra iron supplements but it's not working. Walking around the block exhausts me, but I can't sit down since I (like we all do as moms) have so much other shit to do. :hs:
I always forget how much people drink, too. I can't believe the amount of people in that thread talking about having a drink in his memory.
And this. Like, READ THE ROOM, kids. :wtc:

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
🇨🇦
Please let me know if it helps you. I've been taking extra iron supplements but it's not working. Walking around the block exhausts me, but I can't sit down since I (like we all do as moms) have so much other shit to do. :hs:

And this. Like, READ THE ROOM, kids. :wtc:
Ask for blood work, after seeing my mom the way she has been the past few days... look into it and don't put your health off.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds