CAR Opti Coat vs. Opti Seal vs. UPGP

DeezNortz

THE MEATLOAF! WE WANT IT NOW!!!
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
Looking for some new LSP's and i'd like to order one of these. it seems like Opti Seal and UPGP are very similar products and i'm hoping some people can chime in and tell me which they like better and/or the similarities/differences.

Opti Guard seems to be a longer lasting product but i'm unsure of a few things with it....can you wax over it? should you wax over it? how do you maintain it? Do you really apply it to your own cars and not touch the finish for a year or close to it? I feel like if the product is that good everyone would use it....but it seems to be somewhat few and far between....

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
UPGP looks a little better upon initial application, after an hour or so, I can't tell a difference other than OS has a somewhat deeper look. I prefer OS because the performance is the same, depth is a little better and it is cheaper.

With Opti-Guard/Coat there really isn't any maintenance other than washing. Puts on a 2 micron thick layer and it holds up quite well. Been on my parents cars for two years now and still looks and beads great. Dave Fermani on Autopia has done a two year torture test (weekly Dawn washes, etc) and he's pretty impressed with the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan