TECH OS X Lion Spaces

3dfx!

Oct 8, 2009
I'm not big of using spaces, but I kept seeing a lot of bitching about how Apple got rid of them and how Expose (or Mission Control now) or lack of worked now. So I came across this article: http://www.tuaw.com/2011/08/12/mac-101-additional-tips-for-os-x-lions-mission-control/

Seems like the old spaces to me :dunno:
Shit, I didn't even know you could add more Desktops (spaces) in Mission Control until I was trying to figure out how to do what the article was about and then I noticed the "+" show up when moving the cursor or to the top right of Mission Control.

Learned something new. Plus being able to have a different background per Desktop is pretty :cool:

Morpheus647

Jan 17, 2006
none of those options are there for me...

Try going to Preferences > Mission Control and then checking the box to show dashboard as a space. Then go to Mission Control and maybe it will show up at the top since you definitely have two different spaces?

Legend Zero

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2005
Try going to Preferences > Mission Control and then checking the box to show dashboard as a space. Then go to Mission Control and maybe it will show up at the top since you definitely have two different spaces?

yah you know what I was doing? I kept clicking everywhere on the right and never saw a + sign to create a new desktop.

Was going crazy..but since I keep my dock on the right hand side, I have to put my cursor on the left side of the screen to get add a desktop. :rofl:

Pitt

1-1-11 — Never Forget
OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Injured Reserve
I still don't like if you just do Expose, it doesn't show minimized windows.

It shows them in Show Application Windows though, but that's only if you're already in that application.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan