GUN Osama bin Laden is DEAD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phionoxx

OT Supporter
May 2, 2007
Minnesota
I was about to go to bed before deciding to check the news, glad I did. Can't wait to read about what actually happened in the many books I imagine will be written about tonights events.

tan koi

I'm glad that I stayed up to see the President's address. Karma is a bitch.

c.a

Jan 24, 2006
"Osama bin Laden has been buried at sea, a U.S. official says."

wtf? let the conspiracy theories start

mangid

OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2008
San Diego
Has anyone seen any pictures of the body? I mean shit, if I killed Bin Laden I'd have about a million pictures of me posing with the body like a deer kill.

Blackfox

Mar 24, 2008
"Osama bin Laden has been buried at sea, a U.S. official says."

wtf? let the conspiracy theories start

It was because Muslims believe a body should be buried within one day of death. And you know we can't upset any Muslims.

Blackfox

Mar 24, 2008
Plus Muslims would start demanding the body and he would get buried and the site would become a huge shrine to him and al-Qaeda.

origin unknown

OT Supporter
Oct 19, 2006
Weird that it seems that Obama will use this for political gain, and who wouldn't when it's Bush's war... I don't know.

Special Tac

Jun 28, 2011
FL
Somebody ban this fucking faggot troll.
The Target ULB or Osama Bin Laden was original given to Delta Force in 1991, A mission was planned but never executed, I am assuming Army Special forces, Navy Seals and Individual form the CIA were there. Not saying Seal did do anything just say joint operation only Seal get recognized.

Also did go back any pages to find this thread.

TS
TS
nsxrebel

nsxrebel

May 22, 2006
The Target ULB or Osama Bin Laden was original given to Delta Force in 1991, A mission was planned but never executed, I am assuming Army Special forces, Navy Seals and Individual form the CIA were there. Not saying Seal did do anything just say joint operation only Seal get recognized.

Let me guess, you were there too. :rolleyes:

dmcgill

Jul 31, 2006
California

OBL wasn't a legitimate US target until 1993, even still we were just barely tracking him, he was living in Saudi Arabia in 1991 and was angry that his people (King Fahd in particular) had begun to harbor American troops, tongue lashing the government got him a ticket into exile...which is when he moved to Sudan in 1992. It wasn't until 1996 when he declared war on the United States with his issued fatwa that we setup a "Bin Laden unit" to track him. In 1998 we launched our first attack on his terrorist training compounds in Afghanistan with 66 cruise missiles shot from Navy ships in the Arabian Sea. We missed him. Then 9/11 happened. You know the rest.

It has been advertised everywhere that the operation was carried out by JOINT Special Operations Command (JSOC), which includes warriors from EVERY service. Of course the Navy got the recognition because they were the ones who pulled the trigger, that's just how it works. Based on all the unclas information available we know that the SEALs were there and were dropped off by the Army's 160th SOAR. CAG could have been there, so could have the CIA. They probably were, but even still, at that level....it is not uncommon for the operators to not even know from what unit/group/agency the guy sitting across from them in the helo is from. So how the fuck are you gonna know?

What I'm saying is if you're going to post something, don't let it be speculation.

Special Tac

Jun 28, 2011
FL
You need to read the book "The Mission the men and Me" by Pete Blader, the former leader of Delta not only is it a great book about leadership. He was also the first person to begin planning the manhunt for UBL (that is the correct target code). ( it may of been 1993, I can't find my copy of the book right now) It's also the most recent public records and first hand account of an Operational Task force involving Delta. Which may help you understand how the Special Operation Community works, Cause if you think they got on the helicopter with a guy that they had no idea where he was from and what he was doing, you watching to man movies.
And the Same thing happen when we found Saddam Hussein.
No even seam to recognized the fact that it was a Joint Op, it was only Delta Force
Tier 1 operations are almost always joint operation, but to the public eye only the Seals where there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec