TECH OSX on Netbook

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
I've been reading up on some stuff about people succesfully putting OSX on netbooks and I was wondering if anybody knew about it? Particularly if I could put it on my EEE PC 1000H and if I could dual boot it with XP.
http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2008/10/13519/

I've done it with an Acer Aspire One. Worked out great, although the SSD was too slow. Also, it was too small of a drive because once I installed the OS, I couldn't do any updates because I didn't have enough disk space. It was pretty simple, though.

TS
TS

nucklearknight

Sep 21, 2008
San Francisco, California
I've done it with an Acer Aspire One. Worked out great, although the SSD was too slow. Also, it was too small of a drive because once I installed the OS, I couldn't do any updates because I didn't have enough disk space. It was pretty simple, though.
Did you use the guide that I liked?

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2008/12/17/osx-netbook-compatib.html

maybe this will help. it is just a starting place though.

Thanks I checked that out and I'm going to look more into it. Very helpful.

Buy a MacBook Air.
I don't have 2 grand to blow on a new computer. I just want to know if I can dual boot OSX on my netbook.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
I'm curious why it's okay to talk about pirating OSX on this forum, but not other things. It doesn't really affect me either way, I'm just curious why there's a lack of consistency.

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
I'm curious why it's okay to talk about pirating OSX on this forum, but not other things. It doesn't really affect me either way, I'm just curious why there's a lack of consistency.

I guess you're right. Pirated is pirated. Although I do have a legal purchased copy of Leopard, the copy I used wasn't the same as the one I bought.

5SpeedSER

Jun 18, 2003
South Florida
MSI Wind seems to be the best route ive seen, planning on doing it my self. theres a special build of one of kalaway for the wind even.

BlazinBlazer Guy

Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.
Jul 24, 2002
Lansing, MI USA

I suppose if someone wanted, they could figure out how to graft an EFI-X onto/into a netbook and use a legitimate retail copy of Leopard. That's actually a legit way to do it.

Actually, that would make for a damn cool project. Anyone know if something like that has been done, or if anyone has thought about it?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec