OT docs - wtf is the skinny on gut flora when it's out of whack?

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I've been having a weird problem that I ignored for a while that has steadily been increasing in fortitude.

I started feeling sporadically woozy a month or two ago. It starts mild then grows in severity until I don't want to move around because it makes me feel a bit nauseated. Then a headache grows, but does not get too intense like a migraine would. It generally happens in the evening after I have eaten a decent sized meal. It happened last night following a rather carb-y serving. I suspect the sporadic nature may be tied to carb intake.

When I go to bed I sleep uncharacteristically well and wake up with a headache that resolves with ibuprofen.

I generally eat very lightly during the day and have a decent meal at night, although I've been eating poorly lately as I spend most of my energy on caring for our baby. I'm far more sedentary than I would like to be and am chronically dehydrated.

Delving into e-dx has lead me to ballpark it as a gut flora issue. Auto-brewery has been concerning, as the woozy sensation resembles the intensely uncomfortable feeling that lead me to avoid alcohol altogether starting 6 or so years ago. I assume I have some kind of allergy to something in many alcohol products as I've always been physically reactive to wine, sometimes instantly even from smelling it.

/allthatshitbyme.ot.blog

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
I generally eat very lightly during the day and have a decent meal at night, although I've been eating poorly lately as I spend most of my energy on caring for our baby. I'm far more sedentary than I would like to be and am chronically dehydrated.

Delving into e-dx has lead me to ballpark it as a gut flora issue.
It's not.

hth

Reactions: ///TRASH and 8legs

Colleen

Apr 3, 2002
πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
Well I'm dealing with similar issues.. helpful things that have worked for me.

If you're stick with the kid on your boob then drink coconut water to help with dehydration.. or even a Gatorade (although the fake sugar won't help with gut issues)

Smoothie with greens and fruits and protein powder to help get more probiotics and prebiotic into your gut. Or even adding fruits and veggies to your meals.

If that's an issue then you can also get pill form greens which is what I will take when life is busy.

Reactions: JaimeZX
TS
TS
8legs

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Well I'm dealing with similar issues.. helpful things that have worked for me.

If you're stick with the kid on your boob then drink coconut water to help with dehydration.. or even a Gatorade (although the fake sugar won't help with gut issues)

Smoothie with greens and fruits and protein powder to help get more probiotics and prebiotic into your gut. Or even adding fruits and veggies to your meals.

If that's an issue then you can also get pill form greens which is what I will take when life is busy.
Already starting protein, light fruit and veg. Looking at antifungal supplements and probiotics to throw at it.

Reactions: Colleen

Buzz Killington

π–•π–Šπ–ˆπ–ˆπ–†π–›π–Ž
They can stick someone else’s poop down your throat iirc
qGhiEIe.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GarRice