SRS OT Doc's......

• Thread starter Deleted member 84456
  • Start date

Deleted member 84456

So for almost a year now I have been experiencing extremely itchy rashes on my face, neck, shoulders & arms. I have spots on my neck that turned my skin color darker. (I'm white) I went to my local dermatologist over the summer and he is so old that he didn't say much other than gave me a steroid cream and sent me on my way. It didn't help...I switched detergents, soaps, watched what I ate. Nothing helped...I also experience tingling in my right arm down to my hand once in a while. I don't get hungry but I eat. My vision gets fucked sometimes and sometimes I can't think straight. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night sweating. The itching is seriously driving me insane and just by looking at the rashes makes me feel like shit. I don't bother to research anything because I am sure I will get a million different results. I also should mention that I have bowel issues sometimes as well. I can eat anything then not long later I am pissing out my ass.

I am going to call my doctor this week to be seen but figured I'd see if anyone has any insight?

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
A good dermatologist should be able to make most diagnoses just by looking at you. If it's this bad, go see the first guy again and tell him. Most rashes resolve with steroid creams. If it didn't, they will take it more seriously now. If he doesn't, absolutely get a second opinion. This is pretty broad-reaching though for an OT diagnosis.

TS
TS

Deleted member 84456

A good dermatologist should be able to make most diagnoses just by looking at you. If it's this bad, go see the first guy again and tell him. Most rashes resolve with steroid creams. If it didn't, they will take it more seriously now. If he doesn't, absolutely get a second opinion. This is pretty broad-reaching though for an OT diagnosis.

I know I should have got a second opinion a while ago. Just been scared I guess to hear that it's something worse than hives. I'm an idiot

Pogi

Official Pointy Boot Guey Ver 1.0
Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
My wife has Mycosis Fungoides, that presented almost like eczema.

When you are out in the sun does your skin get better?

Bottom line, get to a different doc, have a biopsy done along with a blood test.

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
I know it's different, but I had a reaction to bactrim on the final day of its course that caused hives and huge welty raised patches everywhere.

Doctor ended up telling me to take double claritin day and night + Benadryl and cortisone cream as needed.

Ultimately it took like 3 weeks for my allergy to subside.

I don't know what else is going on with you and it's not the same but I know rashes and itchiness sucks.

TS
TS

Deleted member 84456

I know it's different, but I had a reaction to bactrim on the final day of its course that caused hives and huge welty raised patches everywhere.

Doctor ended up telling me to take double claritin day and night + Benadryl and cortisone cream as needed.

Ultimately it took like 3 weeks for my allergy to subside.

I don't know what else is going on with you and it's not the same but I know rashes and itchiness sucks.
Thanks fam, I have tried claritin, Benadryl. Nothing helps

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
Try taking a daily antihistamine (Zyrtec, etc) to see if that helps.

I had itchiness and dermagraphia for a while (scratch the itchy and it leaves puffy red lines). Doc suggested the antihistamine since it appeared to be an allergic reaction.
It solved the issue, and after about a year of taking the allergy pills, I tried stopping and the issue didn't return. :dunno:

ballzofsteel83

OT Supporter
Dec 16, 2003
OC, CA
Look into chronic hives. I randomly developed them a few years ago. Usually the trigger is never found, but the body resolves itself after some time. I get shots of Xolair every month that get rid of the hives.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
Yeah :rofl: this is outside the realm of OT diagnostics

Reactions: morrowalnut

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026