OT National Forest Cabin Living Crew V. Woodpecker

forgetdis

May 5, 2011
One the nicer ones on June Lake

Walter Lantz spent many days creating the Woody Woodpecker character. Gracie and Walter owned the cabin from 1968 to 1995 and it was her unique laughter that was the inspiration for Woody Woodpecker.

Take a look, anyone have one of these on USFS Land?
There a number for sale as long as its not your primary spot looks like a lot of fun for 20 years at a time.

Example in So cal

Reactions: Snake Pliskin

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
Beautiful country out there, one of my favorite spots in the world, however I am incredibly poor therefore will continue to enjoy to free national forest camping ⛺️ instead of spending $350K on a cabin u can only access 4 months a year

TS
TS

forgetdis

May 5, 2011
Lol and leased land? 😂

Yea it's a 20-year permit. The program has been around since 1915. People just getting more and more serious with the things they build.

Reco me a lake in the southwestern USA with camping/popup trailer and water/boat access? thx

Snake Pliskin

OT Supporter
May 8, 2013
California
I saw a small cabin type place like that in Mokeloumne (sp?) Hill, CA for sale for around 200k. It had 9 acres. This was about a year ago. It's super pretty up there, and a short distance from Sacramento.

Reactions: forgetdis

Remy Bressant

Boots in the cab SMDFTB
OT Supporter
Jul 24, 2015
SoCal
One the nicer ones on June Lake

Walter Lantz spent many days creating the Woody Woodpecker character. Gracie and Walter owned the cabin from 1968 to 1995 and it was her unique laughter that was the inspiration for Woody Woodpecker.

Take a look, anyone have one of these on USFS Land?
There a number for sale as long as its not your primary spot looks like a lot of fun for 20 years at a time.

Example in So cal
Good friend had one in big bear on forest service land. Was a great little party house but the title not being fee simple made it a PITA when it came time to sell.

Reactions: couchlock
TS
TS

forgetdis

May 5, 2011
Good friend had one in big bear on forest service land. Was a great little party house but the title not being fee simple made it a PITA when it came time to sell.

That would be the ideal spot close to home in so cal and away from it all..
I think people cant think of it as a normal second home more like an object

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
that seems like a terrible deal :o

so you're pretty much getting a 20 year lease on the house? what happens at the end of the lease? how much does it cost to re-up?

350k can buy you a lot of airbnb stays and camping gear :o

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
@borazhasleftthebuilding Is there anything worth seeing or doing where you live for a couple with small kids? Have nothing to do for the next 2 weeks and want to go on a road trip, but have no idea where...
Short answer not in winter

Longer answer not for Free, my Timothy ski hill is open it'll be no crowds compared to your local mountains

Can't think of anything else

It's all lakes and fishing and hiking and gold panning...all no-go in winter

• Sad
Reactions: Lazy D.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor