OT, school me on Lexus GX470.....

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
I have a 460.
They are all great. No major issues. The mileage is shitty and requires premium gas.
You can’t easily swap out the archaic infotainment/GPS so be prepared for some hack ass solution.

If you want it for off-roading get a regular land cruiser.

Reactions: aloe
May 8, 2001
Colorado
I have a 460.
They are all great. No major issues. The mileage is shitty and requires premium gas.
You can’t easily swap out the archaic infotainment/GPS so be prepared for some hack ass solution.

It's a lot easier than most people believe. Assuming you have any sort of car audio installation knowledge.

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
I have a 460.

GX470 doesnt require premium

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
It's a lot easier than most people believe. Assuming you have any sort of car audio installation knowledge.
For my 460 I installed an AliExpress piggyback unit Android PC with wireless CarPlay. It works OK, but not wonderful.
The 470 you can get the Grom units or the full Tesla style.
Having A/C controls integrated into the infotainment is what makes it a difficult thing.

May 8, 2001
Colorado
For my 460 I installed an AliExpress piggyback unit Android PC with wireless CarPlay. It works OK, but not wonderful.
The 470 you can get the Grom units or the full Tesla style.
Having A/C controls integrated into the infotainment is what makes it a difficult thing.
What year? I don't recall the temp controls being integrated. Perhaps I'm thinking older.

Scream_Phoenix

Handsome Boy Model
May 31, 2001
Capital City
What year? I don't recall the temp controls being integrated. Perhaps I'm thinking older.
I think it was an option. I know that there's an option on 100 series that have integrated ac/nav/audio and you have to buy the part for the ac controls and some other shit if you want to use most aftermarket headunits

Reactions: Downset

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor