CAR OT Should I buy a 100/200 Series Lexus Land Cruiser or a GX470/GX460?

TS
TS
CPTMULLET

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
My partner does not give a single fuck what I buy, but I said I was looking at roof top tents and she got so fucking excited... women :confused:

Oman4x4

OT Supporter
Sep 22, 2004
Dubai / Oman / Saudi Arabia
I would DEFINITELY prefer the width and stability of the 100 / 200 series over the narrow body GX series.

But then I do silly side angles on sand dunes with stuff on my roof rack, if you have to squeeze between stuff you might prefer the GX.

On road I definitely prefer the wider Cruiser. Both have a lot of body roll but with the 100 / 200 you learn to trust it and let it lean

If you're gonna load up the roof and aren't concerned about pin striping, go wide. Other than that, both are extremely capable.

wFGW8Mi.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Ramathorn15
TS
TS
CPTMULLET

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
I would DEFINITELY prefer the width and stability of the 100 / 200 series over the narrow body GX series.

But then I do silly side angles on sand dunes with stuff on my roof rack, if you have to squeeze between stuff you might prefer the GX.

On road I definitely prefer the wider Cruiser. Both have a lot of body roll but with the 100 / 200 you learn to trust it and let it lean

If you're gonna load up the roof and aren't concerned about pin striping, go wide. Other than that, both are extremely capable.

wFGW8Mi.jpg
I do actually live really close to the dunes and I've never been :hmm:

did you have a 100 series before the 200 series?

imbored

Aug 11, 2005
OKC
Everything is fucking stupid af prices and knowing what they were 3 years ago prevents me from buying any of them.

Example: GX470s. Fuck paying today's prices no matter how good they are, they ain't that fucking good.

Reactions: jaunt
TS
TS
CPTMULLET

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
Everything is fucking stupid af prices and knowing what they were 3 years ago prevents me from buying any of them.

Example: GX470s. Fuck paying today's prices no matter how good they are, they ain't that fucking good.
they're down from last year considerably fyi

I know because I almost bought one and just couldn't bring myself to do it (also the guy was a chode)

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
digimarkactanza