OT white collar crew - signing your name with an email signature?

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
What's the preferred protocol here? Bugs the hell outta me when someone signs "Thanks! - Dave" then their name is in the email signature immediately afterward.

Second only to getting a "Thanks!" reply on a task you do all the time and having that awkward moment where you don't know if you're supposed to respond "You're welcome!" every single fucking time. :rant:

... is it 5 yet? :o

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
What's the preferred protocol here? Bugs the hell outta me when someone signs "Thanks! - Dave" then their name is in the email signature immediately afterward.

Second only to getting a "Thanks!" reply on a task you do all the time and having that awkward moment where you don't know if you're supposed to respond "You're welcome!" every single fucking time. :rant:

Yes.

Reactions: turbo35

Gixxer

OT Supporter
May 29, 2004
Gig Harbor, Washington

mine says

-Gixxer

Company Logo

Full Name - Title
Company Website

Phone
Fax

TS
TS
turbo35

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
I pretty much always end my emails with

regards,
Fagtron

fagtron signature, esq.
I don't get this. People still signing their name, right above their name in the signature, in their 5th reply in the email chain. Like, I'm pretty sure we've established who you are.

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
I never send "Thanks!" emails. I hate getting them and assume everybody else does too. It's implied IMO. :o

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
I never send "Thanks!" emails. I hate getting them and assume everybody else does too. It's implied IMO. :o
I always do because most people don’t acknowledge shit and it seems people in my industry appreciate it

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I end every email with

Thanks,
Mike

and I'm sure it annoys the fuck out of OCD people like you as does my 18 line signature and 10 line privacy and legal disclosure :rofl:

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
Make sure you include your work name address and phone number just so people can continuously ask for your contact info even though it’s clearly there

TS
TS
turbo35

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
I always do because most people don’t acknowledge shit and it seems people in my industry appreciate it
This is all internal email, but I guess I could see that. I got 137 emails yesterday, I really don't want any more unless they're relevant :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman