OTer Faceman's boat just signaled for an air rescue

ChemicalWhore

Excessively Black
OT Supporter
May 1, 2006
San Diego
well let's see, attempt #1 the wife was pregnant and they had to turn back, they made it back. attempt #2 they created a situation where a multimillion dollar rescue operation had to be deployed.

you guys really want to give these two bozos a boat to attempt it a third time? im not going hamm, im just thinking about that poor toddler, and that poor little 3 year old girl.

a 3 year old is a toddler as well

Johnny Fever

Destroyer of Clucks
Cross post from the other forum:

My neighbor is a harbor pilot. I don't remember the exact verbiage of his title, but it included "master" and "unlimited tonnage." He graduated from the New York Maritime College. I asked him for his opinion.

He said Faceman's "captain" certification is a two-week course that no one fails. He also said he has known people who tried to sail across the Pacific and were never heard from again. His cliffs: Faceman is an idiot, imho, tbh.

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
lol how did they sink it? did they get to shoot it with the guns

Looks like the ship that picked him up has one of these:

Nansen-oto75mm-2006-07-03.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OTO_Melara_76_mm_naval_gun

Hopefully they made him watch as they pounded it.

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird
A lot smaller of a trip and they only had one kid at the time :dunno:

Yeah.
I haven't followed his blog but just sometimes his G+ updates. He used to post a lot when he was around. It became less often and you know how you check facebook every once in a while when you want. Ya you miss some things

nosaj

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
The insurance company would reimburse eric and go after the government.
Then that's the government and they'd play it off as some necessary thing I'm sure and the insurance company would just be fucked.

you need to read Jake from state farms blog. He vowed to make sure Faceman gets his money or a new yatch.

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird
:rofl: Try not to read to much into it. I'm here for the lulz.

So you are here to laugh at the illness of a little kid and suffering of kids based on a poor choice by a fellow OTer? I bet you are a fun guy and not a complete dick at all.

I'm not saying eric should be lauded for his trip but you don't have to be a giant dick about it

Floriderp

SurfHaver420
Dec 14, 2007
Saint Augustine, FL
here he is handing over the wheel of his boat to the rescue as something to remember it by. As someone who has spent over 5 years getting my boat rebuilt to do a similar trip, I can't imagine this feeling.

140406-N-ZO999-027.jpg

I don't care what you think if him or his decision to do this journey with the kids, if you wish someones home to burn down (or sink in this case), you are mentally ill and should seek help.

Simple

Sexy Beatch
Nov 29, 2001
Edmonton, Alberta
here he is handing over the wheel of his boat to the rescue as something to remember it by. As someone who has spent over 5 years getting my boat rebuilt to do a similar trip, I can't imagine this feeling.

140406-N-ZO999-027.jpg

I don't care what you think if him or his decision to do this journey with the kids, if you wish someones home to burn down (or sink in this case), you are mentally ill and should seek help.

I think his ship sinking is the best thing that could have happened to him.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest

140406-N-ZO999-027.jpg

maybe he shouldntve made fun of others getting rescued :mamoru:

Phill A. Peno

It's Filipino, stupid. OTTC, Cycling Crew, WRX Cr
OT Supporter
Mar 22, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
I'm listening to Stern, Robin is reporting on a story about a kid sick on a year long boat trip off of Mexico.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec