OTer Faceman's boat just signaled for an air rescue

digital jello

i'll be jeans soon
OT Supporter
Mar 14, 2006
And he wants to know what the limit is. When Faceman decided to sail up the Strait of Hormuz, would we go pick him up when his boat died?

i would hope that the us government would do its best to help you, me, or any other US citizen who found him or herself in such a bad situation, self-inflicted or not.

Johnny Fever

Destroyer of Clucks
rescues at sea happen way more often than people apparently realize. Add a kid into the mix, the media goes HAM, and all of a sudden people are enraged over their tax dollars.

To be fair, his breathtaking stupidity played a part. Do you think people would be up in arms if a cruise line ship, whose captain actually knew what he was doing, broke down and needed a sick passenger evacuated?

And by people, I mean those other than liberals with a hate hard-on for anyone with more money.

Floriderp

SurfHaver420
Dec 14, 2007
Saint Augustine, FL
To be fair, his breathtaking stupidity played a part. Do you think people would be up in arms if a cruise line ship, whose captain actually knew what he was doing, broke down and needed a sick passenger evacuated?

And by people, I mean those other than liberals with a hate hard-on for anyone with more money.

breathtaking stupidity is a function of MANY sea disasters and rescues.

this one involved a baby, so it is debated way more than any of the others.

These two come to mind that didn't get nearly as much attention, but were caused by horrible stupidity:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/10/us/bounty-shipwreck-ntsb-cause/

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/03/04/florida-boat-accident-survivor-2-nfl-players-gave-up-hope/

oh and about the cruise ship captain that "knows what he is doing"? here is where that can end up:

J3nJofy.jpg

TS
TS
gimpshiznit

gimpshiznit

Totally not Larry
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2003
Twin Shitties

how about this one:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exxon_Valdez

dv8

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It was weird seeing it on the news last night.

During the story I kept thinking to myself that guy looks strangely familiar. Then I realized he was in the OT circle of mine on G+

DCC

I am reality and I crash the party
OT Supporter
Apr 21, 2004
Working against keeping ATX weird

During the story I kept thinking to myself that guy looks strangely familiar. Then I realized he was in the OT circle of mine on G+

YUP.

Haven't seen him on OT in ages but definitely did hangouts with him back when on G+

will try to check the news today and see if its on.

TS
TS
gimpshiznit

gimpshiznit

Totally not Larry
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2003
Twin Shitties

huehue i wonder how many ppl think the same when they see u
:mamoru:

I-am-Ryan

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
YUP.

Haven't seen him on OT in ages but definitely did hangouts with him back when on G+

will try to check the news today and see if its on.

Faceman was the driving force behind the G+ movement

He managed the G+ document

I-am-Ryan

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
i don't know what the document is but cool if true

he was pretty active but clearly slowed down when he was sailing

It was just a list of OT'rs and G+ accounts. He developed the standard that you had to have your OT name in parenthesis after your real name.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec