Currently watching NYC vs phi

TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Ya not for a couple hours. I couldn’t even tell you who is playing right now. I’m still trying to get into MLS. Only watch the Austin games as of now

Reactions: BStork

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Ya not for a couple hours. I couldn’t even tell you who is playing right now. I’m still trying to get into MLS. Only watch the Austin games as of now

I think I'm gonna try to follow Kansan City sporting and Dallas whatever as well since they're each a couple hours away :dunno:

TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Rumors of a locker room revolt led by Ronald against ole @zhiniibob 👀
Things would have to be much worse than we thought for this to be true. They played together so I assume there’d be more respect there. Who knows.

United has fucked themselves into a corner and i love it

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Things would have to be much worse than we thought for this to be true. They played together so I assume there’d be more respect there. Who knows.

United has fucked themselves into a corner and i love it

Why do you hate United so much?

And how do you mean?

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007

And how do you mean?
United had a chance to get a proper manager going into this season. Instead the board gave Ole a three year extension when this should have been a make or break year for him. No one was going to come in for him and he loves the club since he played there, so there was no need to extend him for three years before this season started given that he hasn’t won anything as a manager. And while they dragged their feet deciding whether or not to keep him on after a disastrous start to the season, Spurs pulled the trigger and fired their manager to hire the best available option, so now even if Ole does get fired there isn’t a clear replacement lined up. This United side are only a CM or two and a competent manager away from competing at every level, and the latter will go a very long way in covering up for the former.

TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005

And how do you mean?
Short answer - they are hands down the most successful club in English history. Kind of a Yankees effect to the rest of the fan base. This is petty, but according to people i know that live in England and people online their fans are insufferable. Every club has these fans but it seems that this is one thing every fan agrees on.

They just got curb stomped by a huge rival 5-0 and kept him. He is a functioning idiot with player transfers and tactics. Then they beat Tottenham and decide to keep him. Tottenham signs the best manager on the market, although i dont think Conte and the United board would have meshed well. Poch, Rodgers, and Haag are the other options. Poch wont be available til PSG fall out of the UCL too early next year. Haag is doing great with Ajax and cant imagine him wanting to leave. Plus the styles are so damn different. I could see Rodgers jumping ship from Leicester, as he has done this in the past for a bigger team.
Pretty much, everyone but United fans want Ole to stay. Their rivals were chanting his name at the past games :rofl:

Reactions: BStork
TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
United had a chance to get a proper manager going into this season. Instead the board gave Ole a three year extension when this should have been a make or break year for him. No one was going to come in for him and he loves the club since he played there, so there was no need to extend him for three years before this season started given that he hasn’t won anything as a manager. And while they dragged their feet deciding whether or not to keep him on after a disastrous start to the season, Spurs pulled the trigger and fired their manager to hire the best available option, so now even if Ole does get fired there isn’t a clear replacement lined up. This United side are only a CM or two and a competent manager away from competing at every level, and the latter will go a very long way in covering up for the former.
Ye this is what i was talking about with horrible transfer decisions. They sign Donny and Sancho who never play, then grab Ronaldo up front. Ronaldo is still a stupid good talent, but it just doesnt mesh well and the team truly needs a DM. If they would have just signed a strong DM like Rice last transfer season instead of Sancho this would be a completely different team.
Look at the confusion with Pogba. He is criticized so much at United but people praise him at Juve and the French National team, bc he has a strong midfield around him and a DM to do all the dirty work and let him focus on what hes good at. Pogba having a grunt like Kante on the French team is a perfect example.

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
Ye this is what i was talking about with horrible transfer decisions. They sign Donny and Sancho who never play, then grab Ronaldo up front. Ronaldo is still a stupid good talent, but it just doesnt mesh well and the team truly needs a DM. If they would have just signed a strong DM like Rice last transfer season instead of Sancho this would be a completely different team.
Look at the confusion with Pogba. He is criticized so much at United but people praise him at Juve and the French National team, bc he has a strong midfield around him and a DM to do all the dirty work and let him focus on what hes good at. Pogba having a grunt like Kante on the French team is a perfect example.
Pogba was just a bad buy. He can be great, but only when he wants to be, and only when he has world class talent around him at every level. See France. He always shows up for France because he actually cares about the team, but that side only works because Kante can do the defensive work of three players by himself. United have wanted to play with a double pivot since he was brought in and none of the midfielders in the squad can make up for his lack of defensive effort/ability and positioning, so he's more of a liability than an asset.

TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Pogba was just a bad buy. He can be great, but only when he wants to be, and only when he has world class talent around him at every level. See France. He always shows up for France because he actually cares about the team, but that side only works because Kante can do the defensive work of three players by himself. United have wanted to play with a double pivot since he was brought in and none of the midfielders in the squad can make up for his lack of defensive effort/ability and positioning, so he's more of a liability than an asset.
Pobga is frustrated bc United gives him Fred and Mctominay. Give him Declan Rice and you should see the Pogba you thought you were buying. Then pair that with an intelligent coach. To me this just comes down to not knowing how to use him.

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
Pobga is frustrated bc United gives him Fred and Mctominay. Give him Declan Rice and you should see the Pogba you thought you were buying. Then pair that with an intelligent coach. To me this just comes down to not knowing how to use him.
I still don't think that's enough, Pogba just struggles in the pivot and Bruno is a locked in starter so you can't hide him as a CAM instead. Pogba played his best at United when he was out on the left wing with free reign and no defensive duties. Even if you play him in a double pivot with someone like Rice, the midfield will eventually get overrun by teams like City and Liverpool because Pogba just doesn't work very hard. I like Rice but he's certainly no Pirlo or Kante or Vidal to cover for the fact that Pogba gives up possession easily and won't track back to win it.

TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
I still don't think that's enough, Pogba just struggles in the pivot and Bruno is a locked in starter so you can't hide him as a CAM instead. Pogba played his best at United when he was out on the left wing with free reign and no defensive duties. Even if you play him in a double pivot with someone like Rice, the midfield will eventually get overrun by teams like City and Liverpool because Pogba just doesn't work very hard. I like Rice but he's certainly no Pirlo or Kante or Vidal to cover for the fact that Pogba gives up possession easily and won't track back to win it.
I’m not saying it will be perfection, but you will get much more out of him than what you are seeing now. He was brilliant in the WC/Euros with a strong DM. Certainly Rice isnt on their level yet but at his age he is probably the best on the market and he has a stupid high ceiling. I dont like comparing a youngster to some greats, one which is even retired. If you are unsure about him United should stop wasting money on silly signings and gtab verratti. He wont be any of the others you listed but more mature than Rice. For the record, i think Rice is perfectly ready for a big club.

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
I’m not saying it will be perfection, but you will get much more out of him than what you are seeing now. He was brilliant in the WC/Euros with a strong DM. Certainly Rice isnt on their level yet but at his age he is probably the best on the market and he has a stupid high ceiling. I dont like comparing a youngster to some greats, one which is even retired. If you are unsure about him United should stop wasting money on silly signings and gtab verratti. He wont be any of the others you listed but more mature than Rice. For the record, i think Rice is perfectly ready for a big club.
Oh I like Rice a lot, I wish we would have signed him a few years back before his price skyrocketed. He may end up costing more than Pogba did at this point. Though the Pogba argument is probably all moot anyway at this point, he's certainly leaving for free at the end of the year

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74