TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
On the plus side, it makes the Chelsea Spurs game this weekend exciting
Did you watch the previous two games this month? I don’t wanna jinx us and release Charity FC, but Tottenham didn’t have an answer or a goal in both games. But ya, this one is now a lot more important than the league cup.

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
LFC can go 7 up now on Chelsea if they win their two makeup games. Honestly didn't see this lapse coming by Chelsea, but like we were saying at the beginning of the year...it's consistency that is so hard to come by in the EPL. City's found the secret, and it generally has to do with how their bench is better than 3/4 of the team's starting lineups.

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
Did you watch the previous two games this month? I don’t wanna jinx us and release Charity FC, but Tottenham didn’t have an answer or a goal in both games. But ya, this one is now a lot more important than the league cup.
Only the first one, and that was enough to keep me from watching the rematch. But it becomes more interesting with the games in hand that Spurs have and the race for 3rd/4th somehow becoming an actual race now.

Reactions: zhiniibob
TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
LFC can go 7 up now on Chelsea if they win their two makeup games. Honestly didn't see this lapse coming by Chelsea, but like we were saying at the beginning of the year...it's consistency that is so hard to come by in the EPL. City's found the secret, and it generally has to do with how their bench is better than 3/4 of the team's starting lineups.
Eh i agree to that to an extent. Ye City is the best team we might have ever seen in the EPL, but they have also survived covid cases and injuries. Good on them

Chelsea had covid + injuries and up to 13 people out during our packed December schedule. The worst time in the schedule to deal with missing players. Now we are still missing our WBs and it is showing. We’ve only won 3 of our last 11 PL games. These poor performances are painful to watch. The players just look exhausted with zero sharpness. Flat performances over and over

TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Only the first one, and that was enough to keep me from watching the rematch. But it becomes more interesting with the games in hand that Spurs have and the race for 3rd/4th somehow becoming an actual race now.
Oh absolutely. Esp with Conte at the wheel

TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Another thing to think about with injuries and covid - Chelsea hasn’t had more than 5 days off between games since November 20th. Thats a brutal stretch when you lose almost half your squad in December

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
Trying to figure out what the games City are most likely to drop if LFC are going to somehow have a chance at the EPL title. I mean obviously we'll have to beat them clean whatever happens in our next game vs. them and then it's gonna take what...a loss or draw to Everton or the spuds? :rofl: United is going to get destroyed. I just can't see it happening.

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
Another thing to think about with injuries and covid - Chelsea hasn’t had more than 5 days off between games since November 20th. Thats a brutal stretch when you lose almost half your squad in December
It seems like all of the PL teams left in Europe are really going to have an uphill battle with their schedules. It would be nice if the FA would use a little common sense with their scheduling, but I guess there isn't much money in that.

TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
It seems like all of the PL teams left in Europe are really going to have an uphill battle with their schedules. It would be nice if the FA would use a little common sense with their scheduling, but I guess there isn't much money in that.
Lol right. There’s talks to move the WC to every two years and (i think) the euopa every year between that

TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Trying to figure out what the games City are most likely to drop if LFC are going to somehow have a chance at the EPL title. I mean obviously we'll have to beat them clean whatever happens in our next game vs. them and then it's gonna take what...a loss or draw to Everton or the spuds? :rofl: United is going to get destroyed. I just can't see it happening.
I’m not one to say its impossible but i dont see it happening. Just secure the top four and focus on other trophies available

TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Hoping for a little mini lapse. I mean, a loss and a draw puts us there if LFC can take 3 from them as well. Seems so far fetched though.
Eh you never know, maybe covid hurts them on the back end. Still a lot of games left

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
hnnng

Although I’m surprised you don’t have the same thoughts on chels
Well United have no shot and won’t seem to for several years at the least. My preference would be no other top English teams winning anything, but if I have to choose then it’s a no brainer between city, Liverpool, and Chelsea. Besides, I always have 2008 to look back on

TS
TS
zhiniibob

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Well United have no shot and won’t seem to for several years at the least. My preference would be no other top English teams winning anything, but if I have to choose then it’s a no brainer between city, Liverpool, and Chelsea. Besides, I always have 2008 to look back on
Whats your difference between City, Liverpool, and Chelsea?

As a Chelsea fan i hate 2008 lol. But understand the comfort of looking back as a United fan

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
Whats your difference between City, Liverpool, and Chelsea?

As a Chelsea fan i hate 2008 lol. But understand the comfort of looking back as a United fan
All are usually rivals to win the league or at least finish top four, but Liverpool are United’s biggest rival historically with Leeds. City are big rivals for obvious reasons geographically, though they were absolute ass until fairly recently. Chelsea are almost always a top team but there isn’t the same level of hatred for them as the others.

Reactions: zhiniibob

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74