ENT SPORTS OT's Official Pro Wrestling Discussion Thread - WWE - AEW - ROH - 80's & 90's Nostalgia

dave12219

Nobody cool likes Tucker Carlson
Feb 22, 2005
Yea a lot I left off, I thought the guy died in the car wreck

Ensuing trial Hogan sued involving the billionaire that bankrupted Gawker

The girlfriend that looked like daughter.

WILD LIFE BROTHER

Think the Gawker lawsuit was literally the only time I sided with Hogan on something. :rofl:

Reactions: stevezissou

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Think the Gawker lawsuit was literally the only time I sided with Hogan on something. :rofl:
I do think because of Meltzer that Hogan has gotten a lot more shit than he deserves over the years. With time and a more objective opinion I've become more neutral or shit on Hogan and Vince a lot less than I used to.

On one of the early OG Flair podcasts with Conrad (his first podcast too) they had Hogan on and Conrad outright asked him about the politics and all that and he said I absolutely did. He knew how much money he made as the top guy and wanted to maximize his money. How many people in the world brown nose or play politics or do all kinds of little shit here and there to position themselves to make as much money as they can in their company? I played that game all my life working.

Theres that super short list of people he's put over clean, but OTOH him putting over Luger and Goldberg clean was his idea. Obviously knowing he probably wanted time off and it would lead to better business/him getting it back down the road.

How many other people refused to put people over/do biz/refused ideas? Stone Cold did a ton and also would just say no that idea sucks and walk off with zero creative input. Everyone says that about Austin, but NOBODY shits on him the way they shit on Hogan for doing the same thing, and Hogan historically has given a lot more input or ideas. Piper 100% refused to put people over clean...I was going to say until like his last match with Hogan AFTER Piper beat him clean, but there was probably still some nWo bullshit beating piper, idr. Hogan and Piper and others have said thats why Piper never had the belt etc etc because he refused to put anyone over and they weren't sure they could trust him with the strap. Kliq and tons of people have played politics to keep/get the belt

Also the Sting/Starrcade 97 thing after all these years turned out to be Sting was not only out of shape (and not tanned :mamoru: ) but he was having drug problems at the time. Eric protected him on 83 Weeks and got screamed at, until Sting came out and admitted he was having drug problems at the time. Then Eric spent like 15 mins talking about Starrcade 97 and why the match was kind of a shit show etc etc

I remember listening to this its fucking hilarious :rofl:

I also would possibly nominate him saying that right before Macho died, they ran into each other at the Doctor's office and made up. I can't remember if a picture came out from that story or not? I think there's one of them both in a hospital bed in the same room, but that I dont know if that was previously when they both had surgery on the same day, or if it was from that day.

dave12219

Nobody cool likes Tucker Carlson
Feb 22, 2005
I do think because of Meltzer that Hogan has gotten a lot more shit than he deserves over the years. With time and a more objective opinion I've become more neutral or shit on Hogan and Vince a lot less than I used to.

On one of the early OG Flair podcasts with Conrad (his first podcast too) they had Hogan on and Conrad outright asked him about the politics and all that and he said I absolutely did. He knew how much money he made as the top guy and wanted to maximize his money. How many people in the world brown nose or play politics or do all kinds of little shit here and there to position themselves to make as much money as they can in their company? I played that game all my life working.

Theres that super short list of people he's put over clean, but OTOH him putting over Luger and Goldberg clean was his idea. Obviously knowing he probably wanted time off and it would lead to better business/him getting it back down the road.

How many other people refused to put people over/do biz/refused ideas? Stone Cold did a ton and also would just say no that idea sucks and walk off with zero creative input. Everyone says that about Austin, but NOBODY shits on him the way they shit on Hogan for doing the same thing, and Hogan historically has given a lot more input or ideas. Piper 100% refused to put people over clean...I was going to say until like his last match with Hogan AFTER Piper beat him clean, but there was probably still some nWo bullshit beating piper, idr. Hogan and Piper and others have said thats why Piper never had the belt etc etc because he refused to put anyone over and they weren't sure they could trust him with the strap. Kliq and tons of people have played politics to keep/get the belt

Also the Sting/Starrcade 97 thing after all these years turned out to be Sting was not only out of shape (and not tanned :mamoru: ) but he was having drug problems at the time. Eric protected him on 83 Weeks and got screamed at, until Sting came out and admitted he was having drug problems at the time. Then Eric spent like 15 mins talking about Starrcade 97 and why the match was kind of a shit show etc etc

I remember listening to this its fucking hilarious :rofl:

I also would possibly nominate him saying that right before Macho died, they ran into each other at the Doctor's office and made up. I can't remember if a picture came out from that story or not? I think there's one of them both in a hospital bed in the same room, but that I dont know if that was previously when they both had surgery on the same day, or if it was from that day.

If there's one thing Hogan doesn't need, it's a whataboutism when it comes to his politics. . In Austin's situation, he was pissed that he was being told to put Brock Lesnar over cleanly, on TV with no build up, and in a tournament that Austin didn't really need to be in. If there's someone who actually got shafted by Austin, it was Owen Hart after SummerSlam. Austin never trusted Owen again because of freak accident and Owen suffered for it. Everyone else you listed has caught their fair share of heat for their actions, but they largely seem regretful and acknowledge what they've done today You're never gonna see Hogan saying, "I was wrong to do that." Look at TNA when he showed up. He immediately hired in all of his over the hill friends and shafted the actual talent TNA had. When it came time for Roode to capture the title, Hogan played part in nixing that idea, so they had to do a workaround with Roode beating Storm. "You want to see AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe for the title? Too bad, brother. They're going to lose to Brian Knobbs in a handicap table match." "Bobby Roode as the champ? I dunno, dude, I don't think he's got the skills."

He had to put Goldberg over clean, there was just no acceptable way otherwise. Luger going over clean doesn't mean anything though. Dude dropped the title in less than a week to Hogan, and this had a hand in effectively killing his momentum as WCW's top babyface outside of Sting. Hogan always has to get his heat back in some form or fashion, even if it's just the slightest ding in his plot armor. As for Sting, granted he was going through alcoholism at that point, but Starrcade was one of the biggest fuck ups that WCW ever made. You build a guy for a year and a half towards this huge match, you have an audience salivating that finally Hogan was going to get his, and then you proceed to have Sting get his shit pushed in and pinned with a legit normal count in minutes. Dumbest. Fucking. Idea. Ever. That's why Sting, when asked about it, gets a look of unease and slight anger on his face. Even he knows he got shit on by that and the subsequent events. Sting went through it because he was loyal to his company. Besides having personal issues wasn't a problem for people on the roster if they drew. This is the same company that built an entire storyline based on "Last Call" Scott Hall.

Sure, people have also sabotaged careers like Cena burying Nexus, but Hogan is the biggest chode of all because he only cares about how things make him look. Not the company, not his peers, not even his fans. It's all Hogan, all the time. And given how much shit Hogan has lied about in his entire life, I'm barely able to believe that he buried the hatchet with Macho Man right before he died.

TS
TS
SBrooks1

SBrooks1

I Bomb Atomically
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
OOF :rofl: That stung a little...

1662746978886.png

giphy.gif

FallandPrayz

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2022
Yes!!

Seth Rollins started RAW cutting a promo and said he wants the Championship!!

Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns @ Survivor Series?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman