OT's own Martin Shkreli arrested

Brinkman

Oct 17, 2001
I really don't get the beef with the guy. Our healthcare system is beyond fucked up, pharma companies are charging many multiples for drugs here than they are in the EU, Canada, and SA, and this is a private enterprise.

Morally, you could certainly have an issue with Skdahdiohdthelsllll (sp?) but legally, even ethically, I'm not sure he's really rocking the boat...

Then you really haven't been following the story then lol

Scootin

OT Supporter
Sep 4, 2004
I really don't get the beef with the guy. Our healthcare system is beyond fucked up, pharma companies are charging many multiples for drugs here than they are in the EU, Canada, and SA, and this is a private enterprise.

Morally, you could certainly have an issue with Skdahdiohdthelsllll (sp?) but legally, even ethically, I'm not sure he's really rocking the boat...

It's not like he's the only one doing it, but it's certainly the most brazen and unapologetic instance I've ever seen.

Pharma is borked but somebody's gotta make the drugs, and profits drive people.

Vatoloco

America: The most RACIST nation in world history!
Jul 16, 2001
@Vatoloco_OT
I'm pretty interested in your opinion of this.

Sure, the guy is an asshole. He's a 20 something self made millionaire on wall street. There's literally an entire street in NYC comprised solely of assholes. That's not even debateable.

So, my question is: where does the ethical obligation to serve the public's needs lie with a pharma company? My SO's brother died of a rare cancer which doesn't have many treatment options because it isn't economically viable for companies to research and cure that form of cancer. Yet, growing hair and boners are top priorities, thus affirming that profit motive is the first priority within pharma.

How is Skdhsdttrerelddhdkskdllllll any different?

Stop posting nonsense. I just want to deep dick faithless and she isn't game. That should be the new focus of this thread. Why would she resist my epic game?

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
I'm pretty interested in your opinion of this.

Sure, the guy is an asshole. He's a 20 something self made millionaire on wall street. There's literally an entire street in NYC comprised solely of assholes. That's not even debateable.

So, my question is: where does the ethical obligation to serve the public's needs lie with a pharma company? My SO's brother died of a rare cancer which doesn't have many treatment options because it isn't economically viable for companies to research and cure that form of cancer. Yet, growing hair and boners are top priorities, thus affirming that profit motive is the first priority within pharma.

How is Skdhsdttrerelddhdkskdllllll any different?
i'm not scootin, but my 2 cents.

i see your point. just found out someone i care about has Huntington's and there isn't enough money in it to research a cure. IMO that's what pharm/medical academia research is(was) all about. I think that's changed. it's a shame.

as for the price increase, it's slimmy, and i'm sure it goes on all the time. In theory, hopefully someone in a free market would step in and undercut the price.

If i recall, dawyeboy made millions too, lots of people lie, cheat and steal...not sure that counts as being self made. this guy does seems smarter than the average con man, but not smart enough to not get caught.

on phone, sorry about grammar and typo's.

meyou

OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2005
i don't see go pro's point
there can be more than one asshole in the world

Vatoloco

America: The most RACIST nation in world history!
Jul 16, 2001
@Vatoloco_OT
i'm not scootin, but my 2 cents.

i see your point. just found out someone i care about has Huntington's and there isn't enough money in it to research a cure. IMO that's what pharm/medical academia research is(was) all about. I think that's changed. it's a shame.

as for the price increase, it's slimmy, and i'm sure it goes on all the time. In theory, hopefully someone in a free market would step in and undercut the price.

If i recall, dawyeboy made millions too, lots of people lie, cheat and steal...not sure that counts as being self made. this guy does seems smarter than the average con man, but not smart enough to not get caught.

on phone, sorry about grammar and typo's.

No problem. Do you want to have my baby?

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
i don't see go pro's point
there can be more than one asshole in the world

i read it as, this guy is just one of many assholes, so why hate him. I don't think he saw the other charges. could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor