TECH Outlook on two computers

nucklearknight

Sep 21, 2008
San Francisco, California
I have Microsoft Outlook setup on one computer with my Gmail account. If I set it up on my second will they both be identical? For example if I send a message from one computer can I see that I sent it from the other via Outlook? And will they have identical inbox's?

Doomsday

XXX
Mar 14, 2000
Minnesota
if it is setup to POP3, no.
if it is setup to IMAP, yes.

note that even with IMAP,... anything local to each computer/client will still be different.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
nuke, you don't have a choice about whether your mail provider uses POP or IMAP; all you can do is look for one that offers IMAP, and (probably) pay them for an account.

RyanL

OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
St. Paul, MN
nuke, you don't have a choice about whether your mail provider uses POP or IMAP; all you can do is look for one that offers IMAP, and (probably) pay them for an account.
almost everyone DOES give you a choice by either allowing you to connect as an IMAP or POP3

I have only ran into a couple that didn't allow for IMAP and only POP3... never ran into anyone who was IMAP only, unless it is a specific IMAP specialized service

TS
TS

nucklearknight

Sep 21, 2008
San Francisco, California
Haha well I decided that I'm just going to use the web version of outlook when I'm on my Eee Pc and outlook when I'm on my Thinkpad which is going to stay put for the most part. Seems easiest that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor