FIT pain in arm during curls

Status
Not open for further replies.

THoC

Feb 5, 2007
any one else encounter this? any remedies?

best i can describe it is it feels like its coming from the ulna/radius bones. it is at its worst when im coming back down with the weight... to the point that if on the last rep, when i drop the weight, i dont do it super slowly the pain is very intense/sharp.

ive tried DBs, straight bar, and EZ.... all give me same issue.

if i do hammer curls i dont get the pain, so i assume it is from doing the motion with supination of the wrist.

it does not bother me with every day activities, only during lifting so i havent gone to a doc. if this continues though i will. meanwhile, any suggestions?

TS
TS
THoC

THoC

Feb 5, 2007
I started to get it after doing heavy barbell curls. now, i cant seem to shake it. In for answer.

yup, pretty much how it started for me. i used to not really care about working my arms, id simply get my stimulation on bis during back day and tris during chest.

but i decided to add a few ex to hit the harder and now it just sucks to do anything bi related other than hammers.

themolsen

Sep 29, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Had this. It's sort of a tendinitis in your arm. Rest, ice, anti-inflammatory drug, then it'll get better. In the future, don't bend your wrists when you curl. If you start to feel the pain again, STOP doing the same shit and rest then correct.

"Deal with it" and you'll build up scar tissue and the issue will never get better.

Jeff Merr

Elite Member
Jul 4, 2003
Northern California
Sounds like minor tendinitis. Hammer curls use the Brachialis which is the strongest flexor muscle in the elbow, probably why it doesn't radiate as much with a neutral grip. Rest and Ice.

TS
TS
THoC

THoC

Feb 5, 2007
Stop training biceps for a while. When you restart, only use dumbbells.

i think i will...

Stop doing curls.

i will for a while. never really did curls and simply hit bis on back day but just wanted to add some extra arm work.

ill try what ceaze said and if the pain reoccurs fuck bis. not like i care all that much about getting my arms bigger any way.

ilduce

Nov 22, 2006
West Palm Beach
medial collateral ligament? It might be worth while to do some cuff strengthening and pec minor soft tissue work and stretching as well as wrist flexor stretching. If it gets worse check with a pt who can do some cross friction work on the ligament.

ironlion27

Sep 13, 2011
Be very careful with this. It is the very first signs of your bicep pulling away from the bone. If it pops it'll roll up on you and won't be pretty. Take 3-4 weeks off of supinated lifts especially but I'd recommend to take that time off all bicep inclusive movements. Better off for 3 weeks preventing injury than 3 months with a major injury.

TS
TS
THoC

THoC

Feb 5, 2007
Be very careful with this. It is the very first signs of your bicep pulling away from the bone. If it pops it'll roll up on you and won't be pretty. Take 3-4 weeks off of supinated lifts especially but I'd recommend to take that time off all bicep inclusive movements. Better off for 3 weeks preventing injury than 3 months with a major injury.

not that im an expert and know everything so i could be wrong, but i doubt this. the pain is no where near the insertion points of any bicep tendons. the pain comes more from the ulna/radius area.... mid forearm.

since this thread ive basically stopped doing any supinated movements and im sticking to hammer culs. so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor