TECH Parallels question

maczter

Life is trying things to see if they work.
Sep 30, 2003
Austin, TX
Works with R3188 and higher for sure. Never tried it with previous versions. Just set my MBP at work up with XP on Boot Camp and Parallels last week.

I learned the hard way about the Windows reactivation thing since the serial I used was only good for one activation. Had to wipe the whole thing, start from scratch and use the official Volume License install disk and activation code from the guys down the hall to get it to work properly.

...and, as luck would have it, Apple released Bootcamp v1.2 the morning after I finished getting everything set up. The new Bootcamp driver installs are much less of a pain. Only one pops up wth the "not approved by Microsoft yet. do you wish to continue installing?" alert box instead of the few dozen or so that used to pop up during the Bootcamp drivers install.

xenon supra

OT Supporter
Feb 3, 2005
San Diego, CA
if your # of activation uses is up, just call microsoft and register it over the phone, you type in a number and then it will say theres a problem and transfer you to a person, just tell them you reinstalled windows and the copy is only in use on one computer, and they will read you off a new activation code.

:bigok:

maczter

Life is trying things to see if they work.
Sep 30, 2003
Austin, TX
It was easier just to go down the hall and get a copy of our Volume License install CD and the Volume License serial. :)

I should have done that in the first place instead of using the Dell OEM install CD that came with my Dell laptop like my boss told me to do. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan