Paranormal Activity

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Macbeth, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Macbeth

Macbeth That's illogical... OT Supporter

Don't know if anyone agrees, but I have to say... one of the rare movies that actually spooked me to the point where I felt like I was going to throw up. The last few scenes alone were just... creepy as fuck.

The trailer gave a lot of the good parts away in that you knew they would pop up eventually, but even then... I was just blown away at how good it was for such a low budget film.

2. A Juggalo

A Juggalo Active Member

fuck this movie...i wasted 7.50 to watch some stupid fucking movie everyone hyped up. that shit was dumb... It would be better if i knew it was a student film. but for it to be as boring and lame as it was, i'm very dissapoint. I had to spend another 7.00 on Where the Wild Things Are to make up for this shitty fucking movie. i would rather have watched paint dry than paranormal activity. IMO

3. Paraprakrti

Paraprakrti New Member

I didn't think it was horrible. But neither did I think it was the scariest movie ever, as some are saying. It really depends on the atmosphere when you watch it. For instance, I saw it with noisy and uninvolved people, so the movie was sub-par. But if I watch it alone at night, I'm sure it would be better.

4. nozoki

nozoki Hail to the king, baby.

I think that's why I'll wait till it's on dvd. It seems like the kind of flick that will creep you out watching it at home with the lights out, but might not be as effective in a crowd.

5. ApathyAsylum

ApathyAsylum OT Supporter

i thought it was pretty entertaining, not really scary but as long as i compare it to that other low-budget, student made, "documentary," piece of shit film called The Blaire Witch Project i walk away feeling like i didn't completely waste my money

6. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa OT Supporter

I think Micah is annoying as hell.

7. A Juggalo

A Juggalo Active Member

:werd: he needed to stfu.

8. porsch1909

porsch1909 OT Supporter

What kind of guy baits a fucking demon. A DEMON!

It's not like it's some guy that's bigger than you and will knock you out or break your nose. IT'S A MOTHERFUCKING DEMON!

9. chickenfeather

chickenfeather New Member

Mmm, I've heard people say it was boring and pointless but that's because the movie doesn't spoon feed the shockers at the audience directly like most others. It's a more intellectual film that plays on the viewer's imagination to build up suspense. I liked it. Katie was hawt too.

10. ApathyAsylum

my biggest complaint was the editing. you could tell they spliced different takes in together which took away from the documentary feel of the film

11. #FFFFFF

#FFFFFF New Member

it was funny.... but not scary....

12. NeonImpact

NeonImpact New Member

exactly :rofl:

13. Gannon

Gannon Guest

Massive disappointment! I guess I wasn't gullible enough to think it was real, because there were a dozen people or so walking out thinking so. I thought it was more full of cheese than my nacho's I was eating.

14. OzzieChan

OzzieChan Boom Bap

people thinking it was real are fucking idiots, if it was real it would be all over the news as proof of ghosts existing.

I thought it was alright, I like that kind of creepiness as opposed to the normal hollywood shocker horror movie. Made it seem a little more realistic.

15. Nolimit26927

Nolimit26927 High Class White Trash OT Supporter

Shit was boring with 2-3 scary parts at that, and pretty much everythin happened when the seconds on the clock were at .00

16. getsome2k

getsome2k OT Supporter

a disappointment, but better than most horror films out these days

17. NappyTurk

NappyTurk Banned

These guys do it in Pick of Destiny.

[​IMG]

and as far as the movie goes, not paying to see it. As someone alluded to earlier in the thread, stinks of Blair Witch...

18. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

i thought it was actually pretty badass. i do think the environment that you see it in has a big effect, i saw it in a near empty movie theatre (only 2 other people there, sitting rows behind me so it felt like I was alone). That definitely added to the creepiness.

19. Uween

Uween New Member

watched it last night....was not scared but it did make me laugh

20. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

watched it last night. it was good. for what it was it was good. far fucking better than blair witch for so many reasons its hard to count. not even in the same league as that steaming piece of monkey shit. maybe the audience had a lot to do with it, but we were all really into it. i'd definitely sit through it again just to watch micah fail miserably at being a good boyfriend/human being/man.

21. BlkDrgnZ28

BlkDrgnZ28 OT Supporter

sucked glad i found a ticket in the self ticket machine plus some fucker brought their baby in the theater ... very distracting

22. ApathyAsylum

he tried to trap a DEMON for her!! ...it was really just so he could get laid again before the demon slaughtered her, but he still tried to TRAP A DEMON!!!

23. Zero

Zero Well-Known Member

no. he tried to bait a demon for his pocketbook, figuring he could sell the footage. he was a wanker. i enjoyed the movie though.

24. thisgsx

thisgsx New Member

I enjoyed the movie. No offense to anyone that has kids, but kids need to stay the fuck home! There's nothing worse than a fucking crying baby while trying to enjoy a movie or a bunch of fucking kids laughing/giggling/talking/moving/pushing your seat, who can't sit still nor shut the fuck up for 2 hours. This is why I don't go to the theaters anymore unless my gf forces me to go with her. :hs:

25. ZACKMORRIS

ZACKMORRIS Active Member

I thought the movie sucked. It wasn't scary, and I laughed several times at the shit that was supposed to be scary. The best part was watching the girl sitting next to me get scared.