SRS Parent crew: one and done or have more kids?

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Do you wish you had more than one kid? Have you felt like you’ve taken on too much with a second/third/etc?

Wife and I just had our first this year, and it’s been absolutely amazing so far. We are not young, so very seriously considering having a second ASAP, but still undecided.

We understand that it may be tough for a couple of years, but thinking that it will pay off when all of us are older.

Thoughts? Experiences? :love:

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
Having a single child is exponentially easier than having two.

They are easier when they are little. Day care costs are going to double with two, and you will likely being paying it until they are eleven or twelve.

TS
TS
The Grand Inquisitor

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Having a single child is exponentially easier than having two.

They are easier when they are little. Day care costs are going to double with two, and you will likely being paying it until they are eleven or twelve.

that’s a consideration.

I think if we have a second, wife will stay home, maybe work part-time or we’ll ramp up on a couple of business things we’ve been considering. Neither of us is really looking forward to using strangers for childcare for at least a couple of years, maybe not until pre-k. Family is also around and an option.

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
I don't have kids..

My Brother has one

My you can call him brother has two

All the kids seem pretty normal and balanced. Both sets of parents wish there were more kids in the area that they can play with.

Aside from that, guessing that you'll need to weigh costs, effort, support system, if there are other kids in your area that they can play/grow up with etc.. Either way, good luck!

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
We have two. A 2 and a half year old and a 3 month old. As was said one child is much easier than two but I'm very glad we have the second. I do not want anymore.
One is only easier when they are little like you have. One they are like 8 and 6, you can just tell them to go play and they will entertain each other

americanwit

OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Houston, TX
Do it. In 20 years you will look back and regret not having another kid because of $$$.

money definitely not the primary factor just one consideration of many. We are older 37/36, no family in immediate vicinity etc.

But I am an only child and would love my daughter to have a sibling - also seems it would be harder when young and easier once they can help entertain each other.

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
We would love two but at this point, we will probably be one and done. We both turn 38 this year and I’m concerned about complications for the baby. Also, I want my wife to go back to work so I can retire and be a SAHD.

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
money definitely not the primary factor just one consideration of many. We are older 37/36, no family in immediate vicinity etc.

But I am an only child and would love my daughter to have a sibling - also seems it would be harder when young and easier once they can help entertain each other.
Amen brother. Same exact boat and IMO, the responsible thing for us To to just have one.

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
We would love two but at this point, we will probably be one and done. We both turn 38 this year and I’m concerned about complications for the baby. Also, I want my wife to go back to work so I can retire and be a SAHD.
Living the dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448